Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 does anyone get burnt out from hunting???? >

does anyone get burnt out from hunting????

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

does anyone get burnt out from hunting????

Old 11-29-2004, 09:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: does anyone get burnt out from hunting????

I can usually only hunt a few days in a row, then need a break. It's funny, but after the few days and being burned out, I don't want to even think about hunting. Then a few days go by and I am chomping at the bit to get at it again. The good thing is KNOWING even when you're sick of it that you will be excited to do it again. If you know in advance how you will feel, you will be able to handle the emotions better.
Old 11-29-2004, 02:02 PM
Typical Buck

I have had the most disappointing year so far and can't figure out why. This year I have seen more small bucks than I have ever seen before and no does. This year I figured to see the most bucks but so far nothing. Where I live we have a pt. restriction so I at least have to see a buck with four pts. on one side. I'll keep trying but I have definatley been burned out this year. The funny thing is when deer season is over I'll start having buck fever all over again. Life is funny.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:55 PM
Fork Horn

you must be from il

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

I am a little burned out right now. I hunted last on Nov21 and probably won't hunt again until Dec 2. Going almost every day since Oct 1 has worn on me a little.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:55 PM

At my age. it's no longer a question of getting burned out. It's a question of having energy to repeat another day. And the fact that with just me and the wife, we don't need too much venison. Everyone hunts in this rural community, so finding someone that needs the meat is hard. I just last week got my meat, (Med. size doe.) So now I am just hoping to spot a nice rack that would look good on the wall. I have several food plots on the property and enjoy working with them and just being out there all year, just not hunting season. I have friends and family that hunt here and they also help with the plots, etc. I've paid my dues in the working world and just want to enjoy my sunset years.

Russ
Old 11-29-2004, 04:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yes,after about 300 hours on stand and especially when having a bad year I get very burnt.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:51 PM

Yes i do. today was the first day of gun season and i have been in a tree so much with no luck that for the first time I almost came back to the house!!!! and that is hard for me. Because i love to hunt.But you can bet your last penny that i will be back out there in the AM trying again.Maybe it is a age thing i hope not!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2004, 06:36 PM

I've taken a total of seven weeks off this season. Started bow hunting elk first week of September thru this last weekend. Hiked hundred plus miles this season, went hunting when I really didn't want to. Rain, snow, and last 6 elk hunts didn't see a thing. I brought in all my gear last night and cleaned and put every thing away as season ended yesterday, only to find out Montana FWP extended the season by two weeks in certain districts, so back out I go. By the time season is over, I'll be dead burned out. At one point during archery elk season I was so burned out I wouldn't have walked 500 feet to shoot a bull, but after a couple of days, I was right back up the mountains.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:12 PM

yup i can honestly say that getting burnt out is something that i go thru every year for about the last 5 or 6 years i kinda look forward to the week or so break between gun season and m/l season. this year though has definately taken its tole on me for some reason i kinda lost interest
in being out , i just hope next season i have more energy and motivation than i did this year
but as my wife keeps telling me, its probably the fact that i was told i have high b/p and the testing i went thru showed i have clogged arteries and after the holidays i am scheduled to go in the hospital to get it taken care of,, but i am already looking forward to next season not so much to hunt myself but that my 13 yr old daughter and 12 yr old son will both be taking to the woods,,, heck with 3 of my younguns out next season i can stay in the truck and sleep while they hunt lol
Old 11-29-2004, 07:16 PM

I've hunted hard since the opening of bow season (mid oct.). My rifle season ends Jan. 7th. I've harvested 3 deer already and have tags for 9 more. Up until Thanksgiving I'd only harvested 1 deer. I was worried of running out of meat and not having enough by season end. I took one on Thanksgiving. Shot one last Friday night, but gave up the search for the evening after 2 hours. The low temps. would keep the deer cool. I actually thought I missed until the next morning. I shot an 8 ptr. and tracked it next to where the doe was that I shot Fri. D@mn coyotes. I can ease up now that I have some meat. Or at least I felt more relaxed.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:37 PM

I don't get that burnt out deer hunting but elk hunting really takes its toll on me. Get up and hunt the morning, in the stand around 3-4 am, thats if i didn't sleep over in the stand. Go home and have a bite to eat then head off to work until 4pm. Return home grab a quick bite then hit the stand till 9pm or so. Then go drink and bs with my hunting partners back at their camp. Get up and do it all over again the next day. After a week long elk hunt i am bushed.

Quick Reply: does anyone get burnt out from hunting????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.