Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Cold Toes???

Old 11-28-2004, 07:46 PM

Default RE: Cold Toes???

I'll tell you that I've tried about a dozen different kinds of boots and sock combinations and the heated socks worked really well for me.

One of the warmest boots I've ever had were what they call Mickey Mouse boots that I had in the Guard. They are extremley ugly, heavy and big but I will tell you that you could put your feet in them cold and they will warm right up in the coldest weather. They have a wierd valve thing on the side of them for high altitudes but your feet will NEVER get cold. You can find them in any military surplus store. If you try them, your feet will never get cold again IMO.
Old 11-28-2004, 07:53 PM

if your feet sweat bad, wear leather boots to let them breathe. rubber wouldnt help at all. wear liner socks that wick away moisture. i put in some Grabber Mycoal toe heaters when i set down. they stick to your socks. seem to help. basically what everybody else said should seem to work too.

slayer
Old 11-28-2004, 09:38 PM

I also have a medical problem that causes my toes to get cold. They will turn blue. And it is very painful. I have found that it is worse if you wear more socks. I have the wickaway socks and they are better than the others. But I have also found an old remedy that works pretty good. Try putting some ground red pepper in the toe of your boot before you put it on. I do this and I can really tell the difference. It doesnt burn your feet or hurt in anyway. And it has never broken me out or caused a rash either. I dont know why it works but it does. Hope this helps those toes.

Old 11-29-2004, 08:02 AM
Fork Horn

Extra socks do no good if they make your boots too tight. If the blood cant get to your toes, you're going to get cold. I broke down and bought a pricey set of "eskimo" boots from Baffin a few years ago. They look huge, but I only have to wear a single pair of socks and my feet stay toasty warm all day. Good boots are worth the price.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:14 AM
Fork Horn

Best solution for cold toes is buying the "toasty toes" product. It's kind of like the shakeable hand warmers we all use, but these you just expose to air and place them under your toes in your boots. They have alittle stick'em on the bottom so they stay put. They last about 6 hrs, and we buy them here for $1.50 for 4 pak. Cheap heat source that does a great job. Taz
Old 11-29-2004, 09:16 AM

feet were cold once & lost a huge buck because I had to get outta the stand ( Dad took him ). Bought a pair of Lacrosse Ice Kings the next day. Feet havent been cold since !
Old 11-29-2004, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe I am the only one that does this but I have put on light socks and then put bread wrappers on over my socks and my feet stay very warm. Put them on once you sit in the tree though. If you walk with the bread wrappers on, your feet will sweat twice as much. Don't laugh until you have tried it. I have bad circulation and my feet get cold all the time, even at home.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also have a pair of military surplus "mickey mouse" boots with the airvalve on the side. They work but the weigh a ton.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:55 PM

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

Maybe I am the only one that does this but I have put on light socks and then put bread wrappers on over my socks and my feet stay very warm.
One of my friends neighbors does what you are talking about but she uses the old plastic bags from newspapers. She would put the bags over her feet use a rubberband to hold them up like socks and put her shoes on. I never figured out why she wore plastic bags on on her feet but maybe you just explained why. I just assumed she was kinda crazy or too cheap to buy socks.
Old 11-29-2004, 02:16 PM

You're wearing a sock liner right? If you're just wearing wool, you need a liner. That will help wick away the sweat pretty quickly.

Quick Reply: Cold Toes???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.