Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Cold Toes???

Old 11-29-2004, 02:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Cold Toes???

i wear these on those really cold days. much easier to walk in lightweight boots and just carrry these along

Old 11-29-2004, 09:31 PM

I been some using some kinda of liner that I bought that feels silky like.They did'nt seem to help much.I'm thinking about buying some of those heated socks.I hate that I would need batteries but I guess it's better than cold feet.I'll probably try a few of the other ideas you guys mentioned as well like the anti-perspirant,wick-away socks,and maybe even the bread bags.I tried the toasty toes and I could'nt tell a difference.Not saying they don't work they just don't for me I guess.
I'd like to get this done as cheap as possible because I went crazy before hunuting season and spent to much money.Now i'm having a hard convincing the wifey I need more.The boots I bought are 800 gram Rockys and weather here seldomly gets below freezing.
Does anybody know where I might find a pair of neopreme socks?I used to have some and they completly fixed all my problems.
Again I really appreciate you guys trying to help.I've got a ton of things to try now.
Thanks again
JE
Old 11-30-2004, 05:47 AM

I was going to post afew sites to get the neoprene socks but the list is huge. Just visit google.com and put in neoprene socks. You will have many many results to chose from. Many different prices and such. You can pick out what works best for you. Hope it helps!!
Old 11-30-2004, 06:11 PM

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

Maybe I am the only one that does this but I have put on light socks and then put bread wrappers on over my socks and my feet stay very warm.
Nobody believes this and I didn't either, but put them wrappers right next to your feet, then socks over the top. No way? I'm telling you it works. Got this from a book on camping and thought it was crazy, but anything was worth a try and it worked. The bags do not fill with sweat like I thought they would. They get a little damp, then your skin stops sweating. The bags keep your socks from getting moist. Put waterproof boots over your socks and the socks stay dry. No moisture from your feet, no moisture from outside. This has a name, it's called vapor barrier lining. A trash bag cut with armholes like a vest worn against your skin also works. Hike up a hill and your sweat does not get into your layers. You get a little clammy, yes, but not cold. It works. I can't convince people to try it, but that's okay, at least my toes stay warm.
Old 12-04-2004, 07:08 PM

well, for the record, I tried the bags today. All I have to say for myself is they did not work. My feet were so cold I was in pain. I have tried everything except the pepper. what does work for me is taking my boots off and putting some warmers in the icebreakers and wearing those in my stocking feet. After my feet froze today and no boot warmers with me, my next option was my hand muff. Only thing is you can only do one foot at a time. I can sit for hours on end and have the patience of a saint but when my feet are cold it is all over. Guess I will try the neoprene socks next. I am already up to 2000g of insulated boots. I am at my wits end trying to find something or some way to keep my feet toasty.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:00 AM

I am sorry it didn't work. All I can say is it works for me. Everyone has different circulation efficiencies. I hunt with a guy who never seems to need gloves. He wears fingerless ones because the backs of his hands get unbearably cold, but not his fingertips. Neither do his toes. I hate him.

Just maybe your efforts at insulating are making your boots tight? Nothing will work if it makes your boots tight!

Good Luck
Old 12-05-2004, 08:01 AM

That reply was meant for dian.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:13 AM

Yeah, that's my boyfriend, he goes out in single digits without gloves... his hands are always warm...me on the other hand, I wear TWO pairs of gloves!

My hands are always cold though, so are my feet.
Old 12-05-2004, 06:47 PM

Naw, Boots are not too tight. I bought an 8EE mens boot. Shoestrings are so loose I should not even put them in. Plenty of room in the boots. I have tried the disposable foot warmers and my feet get so cold I barely get a reaction from those things. In 15 min. they are ice cold. Have changed socks, and tried all suggestions given here to no avail. My quest for warm toes continues.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:04 PM

ORIGINAL: dian

Naw, Boots are not too tight. I bought an 8EE mens boot. Shoestrings are so loose I should not even put them in. Plenty of room in the boots. I have tried the disposable foot warmers and my feet get so cold I barely get a reaction from those things. In 15 min. they are ice cold. Have changed socks, and tried all suggestions given here to no avail. My quest for warm toes continues.
You've tried the Sorel pac boots (their coldest rated) covered with the Icebreaker overboots in conjuction?

Quick Reply: Cold Toes???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.