HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   who rightfully killed this deer (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/80625-who-rightfully-killed-deer.html)

shuler44 11-27-2004 08:56 PM

who rightfully killed this deer

i was with my two friends hunting and they were up the hill from me. My one friend shot the deer first and broke one leg about off with just a little meat hanging and the bullet also tore the other leg up pretty good. Well it was down but they ran up there and it got up...well the same friend shot it again right below the spine and told the other one not to shoot because it was about to go down from those but he shot and it got it in the but from the side and it still went and fell over. i think the one that shot it first should get all credit since he put the shot on him that took him down and the chest shot and he was about to go down.

Hiawatha 11-27-2004 09:05 PM

RE: who rightfully killed this deer

hmm well i don't think any credit is due here. You boys need to spend some time on the range i think before you try hunting again.

shuler44 11-27-2004 09:07 PM

not we boys i didnt shoot. the deer was running at about 100yards when he first got hit in the legs

Hiawatha 11-27-2004 09:10 PM

ORIGINAL: shuler44

not we boys i didnt shoot. the deer was running at about 100yards when he first got hit in the legs
You can't use the deer was running at 100 yards as an excuse to make a bad shot. Maybe that shot shouldn't have been taken? But i guess we all have to learn somehow.

hunter cameron 11-27-2004 09:11 PM

I would of been mad if my friend was shooting my deer . Well it is the kid who hit it first . Good luck.

later , hunter cameron

shuler44 11-27-2004 09:13 PM

thanks for answering the question.
Good luck out there

uncle matt 11-27-2004 09:16 PM

The first guy gets the drumsticks. The second fella gets the rest. And they both get awards for POOR MARKSMANSHIP!

Uncle Matt (in IL)

hillbillyhunter1 11-27-2004 09:24 PM

I think those boys should split the meat--if there is any left (grin). as far as credit, if those two are hunting partners--can't they just split the "bragging rights"--sounds like there was little to brag about anyway. A quick death for the deer should be paramount. If it was something for the wall then the first one to hit a vital area should probably get the head. Hopefully, if hunting together then cooperation should not be a concern--if there is--might look for new partners.
hb

shuler44 11-27-2004 09:26 PM

well it was going down so the first one wasent going ot shoot again but the other hit the but. The other two shots would of did the job just fine. It was a nice deer.

Trustee 11-27-2004 09:26 PM

Mix in a little target practice before hunting...it gives us a bad name when we wound deer like that!

Deer belongs to the first shooter!