Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Pretty Good Day...

Old 11-27-2004, 07:16 PM

Default Pretty Good Day...

I made out pretty well this afternoon. I got a pair of nice does. First one hopped out at 50 yards, and I dropped her with one 1 1/4 oz. Federal slug, then another came out to see what was up, I shot her through the lungs, she stumbled 10 steps and crashed. Nothin too special...the only thing kinda neat about it is Im setting my own record, a whopping 3 deer this season so far (First one was nice - 80 Yards, full out sprinting...one shot-Dropped her.)

Here is the best part. My best friend got his first deer today, A little spike. I couldnt be there with him, but he was so excited...Its real cool because I taught him most of the stuff he knows...and Im proud of him

Once again, nothin too special, just a couple of kids shooting deer...but were happy, and thats all that really matters... Thanks for readin...

BTW-Im holdin out for a good buck for the rest of the season...Im on a buck dry spell...[>:]
Old 11-27-2004, 07:38 PM

Default RE: Pretty Good Day...

Oh, it's special alright. It's also really enjoyable to see your joy exhibited...well done and grats!
Old 11-27-2004, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

BTW-Im holdin out for a good buck for the rest of the season...Im on a buck dry spell...
Keep watching the does and the bucks will follow.

Good Luck

jrbsr
Old 11-28-2004, 12:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

NOT special,if thats the way you feel maybe you lost the zing to hunt???? You should come get me and let me do something special while you watch, to me after 47 years and 183 deer even 1 doe is special. Congrates on the 2 trophy doe.
Old 11-28-2004, 03:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good job CherokeeWarrior!!