HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Perminat Tree Stand & Blind Idea (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/80579-perminat-tree-stand-blind-idea.html)

jrbsr 11-27-2004 11:26 AM

Perminat Tree Stand & Blind Idea

I have thought about this way back in 1984.

In a Perminat Tree Stand or Blind.

You take a 50 or 75 or a 100 ft water hose.

With one end in the Tree Stand or Blind.

With the middle buryied about 2 or 3 inchs in the ground

Going out to where you want to shoot Deer.

Then just put a deer grunt tube on the end of the water hose thats away from you and blow in it.

It will make the grunt sound where you want to shoot the deer

And take the attention away from you.

When you are not there just plug the ends of the water hose to keep bugs out.

I haven't got accses to land for a perminate Tree Stand or Blind so I haven't tryed this.

What do you think of this and do you think it will work.

Thank You.

jrbsr

-DeerSlayer- 11-27-2004 03:51 PM

RE: Perminat Tree Stand & Blind Idea

sounds like an idea, i dont see why it wouldnt work.

WantBuck 11-27-2004 04:21 PM

Sounds like a good idea if it would work.Seems like it would take a lot of air to make a grunt function at that lenght.Who knows it might.
JE

realmfg 11-27-2004 04:45 PM

sounds kind of stupid to me. You would have to blow really hard brining attention to yourself. There is a product that goes on your bow that you hit and it triggers your grunt noise from another box. Shoulda thought of that in 84 prolly make more money than the garden hose!

Mike01 11-27-2004 04:50 PM

I'm not for sure, but I'd guess that at the long distance the sounds gotta travel through the hose, it's probably going to get distorted and probably sound quite different. It might work, but I'm not for sure how good it'll sound

jerseyhunter 11-27-2004 05:29 PM

I don't think they got the jist of it. I'm assuming the grunt call is at the far end (as you stated), any air you blow through the hose will displace the air already in the hose, the amount of air needed is not much. Anyone using more is scaring more deer than they attract. So in my opinion it will work perfectly thus proving all previous posts wrong. GO For it. And you don't need a permanent blind , just a few extra minutes,maybe during a mid day break.:)

I have also toyed with the Idea of leaving one fsr radio on a rock, then from my stand wh just key the mike when needed to distract the deer for that split second.:)

PositiveBo 11-27-2004 05:35 PM

Personally, I've enjoyed enough success with calls to believe it unnecessary to go to such great extremes, but it's thoughts/ideas like these that create wonderful ideas...keep the wheels always turnin' brutha'. :D

jrbsr 11-27-2004 06:33 PM

There is a product that goes on your bow that you hit and it triggers your grunt noise from another box. Shoulda thought of that in 84 prolly make more money than the garden hose!
That kind of eletronic call is not legal in NC.

For deer or other game animals we can't use eletronic calls.

For crow and coyotes eletronic calls are ok but not with game animals.

BowmanJim 11-28-2004 06:55 AM

My brother and I did that. It will work but to be honest it's more work than necessary.

Who 11-28-2004 08:13 AM

Before you go and to that why not take the hose and grunt call, roll out the hose in a circle so you can blow and hear the call. See what your idea sounds like to you.
Rick