Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What's your funniest hunting story... >

What's your funniest hunting story...

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What's your funniest hunting story...

Old 11-24-2004, 09:28 PM

Default What's your funniest hunting story...

Went on my first deer hunt with my pastor and buddy seven years ago. I was ignorant to the efficiency of the caliber that I had chosen for my rifle. Anyway, I spotted 3 does in a creek bottom (70 yards away) and shot all three of them 'behind' the shoulder, I was ignorant of the anatomy of the deer and ended up gut shooting all 3 of them. As soon as they were on the ground, I did not think that they were dead so I gut shot them all AGAIN. By the way, the caliber that I decided to buy was a 7mm remington mag.

Pastor helped field dress the deer and still says that cleaning those does reminded him of someone throwing a concussion grenade into an outhouse...Needless to say, I go by the name of (G)ut (S)hot now.

Regards,

GSjohnny
Old 11-25-2004, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: What's your funniest hunting story...

I was living in Arkansas in 1985.

And my exfather in law and me was rabbit hunting.

I had a 410 single shot.

So I am walking along the dogs barking there heads off then all of a sudden a rabbit,

Ran across a plowed feild I shot but didn't hit it enaugh to put it down.

So I ran to the feild to shoot again,

Well as soon as I got in the feild I fell flat on my face.

The feild was soaking wet.

I mean I fell all the way down like I layed down.

So I got up and tryed to run again and I took one or two steps and down again,

I went flat on my face. LoL

I looked like Elmer Fudd after Buggs Bunny.

I was so mad that I would fall twice at one time.

LoL

I looked like a cholalate cookie LOL
Old 11-25-2004, 12:40 PM

i went bow hunting with some friends on a big farm and didn't have my stand with me so i had to ground hunt,i walked to the back of a corn field and found were the deer were coming into the field from a young pine stand i crawled into a tunnel through some briers and came into a little open spot .The trail was heavy and fresh with tracks so i decided to sit up against a pine tree watching up the trail,about a hour had passed when i saw movement a doe was coming right to me .The only thing i could do was draw and when she turned i would shoot,with the deer only 20 feet away i started to draw and then at the same time I cut the biggest fart ever it rattled the woods the deer stoped and i fell on the ground laughing . I an't never told that to anyone but it was so funny when it happed i couldn't have shot if it would have been a 20 point buck.
Old 11-25-2004, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

several years ago I while i was gun hunting nature called , I had to take a sh_t and now. Sat the pistol down next to a tree and droped my pants . As i finished I heard a buck grunt and looked up , a big 8 point was coming towards me from down wind . I picked up my pistol and shot him , then used the tp and pulled up my pants ,walked over and taged him at 20 yds.
Old 11-25-2004, 04:01 PM

Took my sisters boyfriend of the time hunting with my father and I. I set him up on a trail intersection along a ridge on our property and to him not to move until someone came to get him. Jessie had never been hunting big game before and brought his fathers 30-30 that day. I walked back down off the ridge to go sneak along a stream bed inthe cedar swamp and hopefully push something up to Jessie. About an hour later I heard 3 rapid fire shots and a whole lot of screaming going on up on that ridge and away I went. When I got up there Jessie was all out of breath and screaming something about it had charged him. I asked what had charged him and he just looked at me funny. Thinking maybe a late season black bear or maybe a moose I asked him if he hit it and show me where it was. He pointed over behind a boulder on the trail and there was a nice doe laying there with the better part of it's skull missing. Jessie luckily had a doe tag for the year. His reaction to me showing him how to gut a deer is another story all by itself.