Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I hate a thief!

Old 11-22-2004, 07:01 AM

Default I hate a thief!

Exactly what i said! This past weekend was Ohio's early youth gun weekend, and saturday was nice, but yesterday my uncle and me strolled into town after noon, had my shotgun in a case in the back of the S-10 (too small for the cab) and was n and out in under 2 minutes and my gun and the case were stolen, everything else was still there, but the gun...gone. I can't stand thieves!!! I would hope none of you have ever done this, because it's people like that ruin the weekend, literally. *Just had to vent my steam*

Any of you ever had something like this happen?
Old 11-22-2004, 07:17 AM

Default RE: I hate a thief!

I know exactly how you feel. I was returning home to the mountains of Colorado years ago and stopped in Denver at a KMart to pick up some baby stuff. I was only in there for 2 min and decieded to go back to my blazer to get the stroller for the kid and went to unlock the door and it locked....looked inside and there was a box of 12 guage shells tossed open in the front seat...they had taken a .45 auto out of the consul and my 100 lb plus metal toolbox with all my carpenter tools in it.....it sucked big time!!! It don't take them there thieves any time at all to do their bad deed. The cops could of cared in the least about the toolbox (my living) but they sure were interested in the .45!! I had bought it in the Marine Corps for 50 bucks..a 911 and wasn't registered. Anyway, I ended up getting 100 bucks from the insurance for the pistol and nothing for the tools cause they were the tools of my trade!!!! If I would have told them I had a full case of snap-on tools in there they would have given me a grand!!!! Still pisses me off to this day the way insurance companies rip ya off after paying premiums for years and years.....(: Hope ya catch the thieves!!!!!Aint nothing worse in the world than a thief!!!!!! Except child molesters----sorry.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:26 AM

Must be the year for it... Shane and I had our bows stolen out of our garage 2 weeks before Archery opener. The worst part about it was we had JUST finished setting both of them up. He hadn't even hunted with his yet, it was a brand new Parker Mag and mine was nostalgic, it was his very first bow from when he was 12. We had probably spent at LEAST $500 in the week before they were stolen getting them both set up and spending tons of time at the range.

They were taken out of our garage while we were at the funeral of my only uncle (who was like my dad), talk about bad timing! We did file a police report, but for some reason we STILL haven't gotten the insurance paperwork we need. They also took 1/2 of our hunting clothes, all of our Scentlok stuff, Shane's "pumpkin" coat for gun season, TONS of stuff.

It was frustrating and we had to scramble around in the next two weeks to get a bow for me and set up an old one they couldn't find for Shane. We missed openener due to being at the range that day sighting them in.

Why can't people attain things honestly through hard work, why do they have to steal from other's who have worked their @ss' off to be able to afford nice hunting stuff. [:@]
Old 11-22-2004, 07:41 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Buck Huntin Girl

Why can't people attain things honestly through hard work, why do they have to steal from other's who have worked their @ss' off to be able to afford nice hunting stuff. [:@]
Thieves steal because they're too lazy to work ,
and I've never met one who could outrun a spread of #6s coming out of a turkey choke ...
Old 11-22-2004, 08:30 AM

Thieves steal because they're too lazy to work ,
and I've never met one who could outrun a spread of #6s coming out of a turkey choke ...
That's great....
Old 11-22-2004, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Exactly what i said! This past weekend was Ohio's early youth gun weekend, and saturday was nice, but yesterday my uncle and me strolled into town after noon, had my shotgun in a case in the back of the S-10 (too small for the cab) and was n and out in under 2 minutes and my gun and the case were stolen, everything else was still there, but the gun...gone. I can't stand thieves!!! I would hope none of you have ever done this, because it's people like that ruin the weekend, literally. *Just had to vent my steam*

you know what if scary kerry would have won presidency and got to pass one of his many stupid anti gun bills the particular one im refering to now, with your gun getting stolen out the back of your pick up would have just made ya felon.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:08 AM

Oh... but Kerry's a hunter, remember, he's been hunting since he was a boy! I never did hear him specify WHAT exactly it is he was hunting, maybe his scrupels!
Old 11-22-2004, 11:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

I even get my american flags stolen from my yard
Old 11-22-2004, 01:48 PM

, but yesterday my uncle and me strolled into town after noon, had my shotgun in a case in the back of the S-10 (too small for the cab) and was n and out in under 2 minutes and my gun and the case were stolen, everything else was still there, but the gun...gone
In a perfect world, you could leave that case unattended for hours, and nothing would happen to it. I guess you are finding out it isn't a perfect world. IMO, you should have either 1. Got out of the truck and put the gun and case inside, or 2. had one of you stay by the truck to watch things.

It is a tough lesson. You might not be able to help being born at night, just make sure it wasn't last night...
Old 11-25-2004, 03:35 AM

I've had my floor mats, change, and an electric razor stolen from my truck! Thugs will steal any and everything. But one of these days.......................

Quick Reply: I hate a thief!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.