Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

5 Wisconsin hunters killed

Old 11-22-2004, 11:51 AM

Default RE: 5 Wisconsin hunters killed

This is not a hunting incident..
Just like 9/11/01 was not an international tragedy.
This is mass murder...
This is serial killing...
This should have nothing to do with giving hunters or the sport a bad name..
I t has nothing to do with hunting..
Killing scores of individuals in a gas station, has nothing to do with the oil/gas industry.
I am in favor of the death penalty, but it is unlikely that even this would deter this kind of behavior.
All we can do is pray, and that God will help the families of those left behind, and save all of the wounded. What a nightmare......
Old 11-22-2004, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

Just as an aside.... while the SKS may not be a 'common' weapon for deer hunting... it's not exactly rare either. It is ballistically about the same as a 30-30. A good little closer range deer rifle. Reliable and cheap too.

I took my first gun deer with an SKS.

This tragedy has very little to do with hunting and nothing to do with 'assault weapons' either.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

This was a Non-resident from Minnesota that did the shooting. Most likely a Hmong immigrant from Vietnam, we have lots of them in the midwest. Minnesota residents purchase about 17,000 Wisconsin NR deer licenses(gun and bow), compared to Illinois at about 11,000.

Another reason for Wisconsin to raise the NR deer license from $160 up to $300+ ... just like Iowa and Illinois have done.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:32 PM

I AGREE COMPLETELY!!! that guy wasnt out there looking for a deer, he was looking for people! he probably watched em and planned it all out. C-sucker!
ORIGINAL: Chrisvst

This is not a hunting incident..
Just like 9/11/01 was not an international tragedy.
This is mass murder...
This is serial killing...
Old 11-22-2004, 12:43 PM

My prayers go out to all involved .....please guys/gals when your hunting , dont let a confrontation come to this. Walk Away .....
Old 11-22-2004, 12:57 PM

I concur with the resemblence to a terrorist act. mass murder etc.. Not that it makes it right but if he shot one guy during the dispute that is one thing, but to shoot several over a period of time is another situation entirely. I can not compare it to 9/11 as I lost 3 friends in that tragedy that were firefighters. However, it is time that our immigration department start doing more extensive checks prior to authorizing visas and citizen status to foreign born folks. Granted our great nation was not founded this way but times have changed. We can only hope that the firearm was not purchased properly or something else that would turn this into a Federal crime therefore warranting the death penalty. Again it was not the weapon that killed these innocent outdoor enthusiasts. People kill people. In reality I'd like to see this individual one year from now turned over to the victims families within the confines of say a 2 acre enclosure and let the families have at him. Sorry If I offend anyone with my position .My thoughts and prayers are with the victims families.
Old 11-22-2004, 01:40 PM

Here's an update after the authorities had a conference this afternoon.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/5099065.html
Old 11-22-2004, 02:29 PM

Theres good imigration and then theres the type we practice here in the USA, importing people from countries that have no value for human life.
We better smarten up before its too late. My prayers go out to the family who lost loved ones to this animal.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

I read that he didn't even have a wisconsin deer permit,he only had a Minnesota permit.Not only was he poaching but he shoots people too.Also its read that where he was from its a" hunt where you want attitude".I say if you can't respect our laws GO BACK WHERE YOU CAME FROM!
Old 11-22-2004, 04:53 PM

I can't not find the words to explain my saddness and dismay over this. I can find many words to explain my burning hatred for this man. I feel great pain for the familys and friends, my prayers go out to them.

I think all hunters in both Canada and the U.S. should unite together to lobby for a speedy trial and the max. The anti's against guns, hunting, semi auto's , will have a field day with this, this will cause more grief and suffering for the familys.

I leave in two days for my next hunt with mixed feelings. I know before I leave the truck and set out on my hike, I will neal down and pray for them and all of us out there

Quick Reply: 5 Wisconsin hunters killed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.