Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

5 Wisconsin hunters killed

Old 11-22-2004, 09:38 AM

Default RE: 5 Wisconsin hunters killed

This also got me thinking to how many times i've heard/read on these boards that..."if i ever caught that trespessor or if i see them on my land...etc".

Protecting your land is one thing but confronting someone when they have a loaded weapon can be very dangerous. Sometimes it's best to call the police or Wildlife Conservation Officer to handle the situation.
Old 11-22-2004, 10:12 AM

Here's a quote lifted straight from the story filed by the Associated Press (that Blacktalon was kind enough to post):

"Zeigle said the suspect was 'chasing after them and killing them' with a SKS 7.62 caliber semiautomatic, A COMMON HUNTING WEAPON." (emphasis added)

Common to whom? Nicaraguan Contras in South America? No one I know hunts anything other than empty milk jugs with an SKS. Just one more example of a misinformed reporter misinforming an already misinformed public.
Old 11-22-2004, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

That guy has serious problems!!! He will not be hunting anything anymore!!!
Old 11-22-2004, 10:46 AM

This is beyond my comprehension. I just can not believe this has happened. This person was not a hunter. This person went to the woods just to kill and mame taking a sks. And IMO he didnt care what he killed. My heart and prayers go out to all the victims and to their families. I agree with roost em 1st I think as a group we should do something. We have to let the people know that this isnt the norm and we as hunters wont stand for it. I for one wonder if this guy was even American? Sorry but that is just how I feel. I am just so angry and sad.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with annie (penny), This is tragic. This guy should get life in the electric chair--seriously. Sportsman should come out in force to advocate that this guy receive the maximum penalty and also to perhaps start some kind of assistance fund to help those families of the victims. How could the situation be worse for them?
HB
Old 11-22-2004, 11:16 AM

Here is the fund that has been set up. I pulled this off of an article in the Star Trib. I just can't beleive this has happened. In response to an earlier comment, I've heard from various media sources that it is beleived that the suspect is one of the thousands of Hmong immigrants that now reside in St Paul, MN.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/5099065.html

Rice Lake Hunters Survivors and Victims Funds
Dairy State Bank
16 S. Main Street
Rice Lake, Wisconsin 54868
Old 11-22-2004, 11:18 AM

And there's no death penalty in WI or MN.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:27 AM
bigcountry

Don't worry, I doubt jail is going to be too friendly to a Hmong bought to this country and then shooting up traditional hunters. At least I hope they don't put him in protective custodies.

Old 11-22-2004, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

@#$@#%@^#^@%@#%@^#^@%@#$!!@^$#^#$^ I wish i was in vietnam, i would have killed em all!![:@] so they couldnt reproduce!!
Old 11-22-2004, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Turkeyfan,
You sound as bad as the guy who did it. I know this site is a good place to vent frustrations and state opinions, but an opinion such as yours really isn't needed.

Quick Reply: 5 Wisconsin hunters killed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.