Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

5 Wisconsin hunters killed

Old 11-21-2004, 07:15 PM

Default RE: 5 Wisconsin hunters killed

can we say DAYUM!! i cant believe that ****.....that is the craziest thing i have ever heard. heck at the most shoot the landowners dog haha j/k but still...that is a way wayyyyyy to the extremes!!
Old 11-21-2004, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

My heart is weeping just typing this. God bless all of them.[&o]
Old 11-21-2004, 07:41 PM

Very sad day indeed...[&o]
Old 11-21-2004, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

....found a link with a video.

http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S4381.html?cat=1

Ron
Old 11-21-2004, 08:15 PM

That's messed up. Now, there's gonna be a big to do not only with hunting, but with the anti Bush folks and the semi-automatic weapons ban.

D@mn poachers! Excuse me, D@mn crazy poachers!
Old 11-22-2004, 07:38 AM

Heavenly Father we ask that you be with the family and loved ones of the victims in this tragedy.Grant them strength to carry on and peace that their loved ones are now with you.Be with the victims who are still alive, Be with their doctors and nurses, be with their loved ones. Be with investigators and prosecutors as this horrible event moves forward. Father we are not to judge as that alone is for your will. Please Father be with those who will judge the murderer at trial and may your will be done. In Jesus' name. AMEN

This is crazy ya'll. My heart grieves for all those involved.

ADMINISTRATORS: Can we do anything collectively to show our support for the victims Families?
Old 11-22-2004, 07:52 AM
Typical Buck

We've had alot of problems with Hmong hunters here in Minnesota which even forced the Minnesota DNR to come out with the regulations printed in Hmong if I remember right. I've heard stories of them shooting everything in the woods and one was stopped one time and they found a trunk full of songbirds and other assorted animals. From what I've seen, they have no respect for our laws and I figured it was only a matter of time before something like this happened. Just a shame as it affects so many people beyond those that lost their lives.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:11 AM

This is an absolute tragedy for all the families involved. This is suposed to be a sport where friends and family can get out in the outdoors and enjoy eachothers company and the wilderness not get hurt.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:28 AM

Updated: 08:41 AM EST
Five Dead, Three Hurt in Wisconsin Hunting Dispute
By JOSHUA FREED, AP

BIRCHWOOD, Wis. (Nov. 22) -- A deer hunter shot and killed five people and injured three others in northwestern Wisconsin following a dispute about a tree stand during the hunt's opening weekend, authorities said.

AP
A police officer interviews witnesses near the scene of Sunday's deadly hunting dispute near Hayward, Wis.

The 36-year-old alleged gunman, who lives in the Minneapolis area, was arrested Sunday afternoon, Sawyer County sheriff's officials said. Jake Hodgkinson, a deputy at the county jail, identified the suspect as Chai Vang but would give no additional details.

The incident began when two hunters were returning to their rural cabin on private land in Sawyer County when they saw the suspect in one of their hunting platforms in a tree, County Chief Deputy Tim Zeigle said. A confrontation and shooting followed.

It's not known who shot first, Zeigle said.

Both hunters were wounded and one of them radioed to the cabin a quarter mile away. Other hunters responded and were shot. About 20 shots were fired, but it's unclear who shot them, he said.

The dead included four males - including a teenage boy - and a woman, Zeigle said. A father and son were among them, he said. Some of the victims were shot more than once.

All five, from the Rice Lake area, were dead when officers arrived to the area in southwestern Sawyer County, he said. Authorities found two bodies near each other and the others were scattered over 100 yards.

''It's absolutely nuts. Why? Over sitting in a tree stand?'' asked Zeigle.

Zeigle said the suspect was ''chasing after them and killing them,'' with a SKS 7.62 caliber semiautomatic, a common hunting weapon. Wisconsin's statewide deer gun hunting season started Saturday and lasts for nine days.

Two young people who stayed in the cabin emerged safely after the shootings.

The suspect, who did not have a compass, got lost in the woods and two hunters, not knowing about the shootings, helped him find his way out, Zeigle said. When he emerged, a Department of Natural Resources officer recognized the deer license on his back, given to police by a victim, Zeigle said.

The man was out of bullets and was arrested, Zeigle said.

One of the injured hunters was in critical condition at St. Joseph's Hospital. Another was listed in serious condition and the third was in fair condition, both at Lakeview Medical Center.

Hunter Bill Wagner, 72, of Oshkosh, was about two miles away near Deer Lake with a party of about 20 other hunters. After they got word of the shooting, he and others went to round up the rest of the party. He said they heard sirens, planes and helicopters and noticed the surrounding roads blocked off.

''When you're hunting you don't expect somebody to try to shoot you and murder you,'' he said. ''You have no idea who is coming up to you.''

It took about three hours to round up the other hunters, who were up to four miles apart, Wagner said. ''We're all old, dyed-in-wool hunters,'' he said. ''We wouldn't go home because of this but we will keep it in our minds. We're not forgetting it.''

11-22-04 0830 EST
The anti's against hunting, and anti's against semi-auto's will have a field day with this unfortunately.[:@]
Here is a link to a photo of the "suspect."
Old 11-22-2004, 09:34 AM

Here he is...

Quick Reply: 5 Wisconsin hunters killed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.