Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Anyone ever used peanut butter to lure >

Anyone ever used peanut butter to lure

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone ever used peanut butter to lure

Old 01-07-2002, 10:26 AM

Default Anyone ever used peanut butter to lure

deer? A guy at work just mentioned it to me but I thought I would ask you guys.... He said put the peanut butter on the tree about nose height (deer nose)..... Any have a comments?????
Old 01-07-2002, 10:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Anyone ever used peanut butter to lure

Tidejoe let me welcome you to the board, in regards to peanut butter luring deer, we are not allowed to bait deer in Va. so I have never tried it, but I have seen a ton of guys swear it works.

The Tazman
Old 01-07-2002, 10:48 AM

Thanks for the welcome.... we aren't allowed to bait deer here either. I hunting buddy of mine bought one of those motion cameras and I started asking around about finding a real good attractant that would help in getting some good pictures. Thanks for the help.

Edited by - TIDEJOE on 01/07/2002 11:49:51
Old 01-07-2002, 11:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

AHHH well if you are not baiting apples work very well, cut them open and rub a few on a tree hard to get the aroma in the wind. We will await the pics being posted.

The Tazman
Old 01-07-2002, 11:42 AM

sounds like a plan. Thanks Taz.
Old 01-07-2002, 01:38 PM

I never used it myself, but my dad used to swear by it. He would only use Jif Chunky peanut butter, and would spread it on the tree. I'd use apples myself if you are trying to get pictures. The squirrels and other little rascals would probably use up a lot of film.
Old 01-07-2002, 02:17 PM
Spike

Yes,Yes and Yes,i have use it many times in the past,but use creamy peanut butter,put it high enough where the deer have to stand on its hind legs to lick it,mostly does come to it,good for bow and arrow shooting,use it,it works.One thing to remember other animals love it to.
Old 01-07-2002, 02:45 PM

Thanks, sounds like it works.... I will probably try the apples too... Another guy here at work said he sprays apple juice on his boots before he walks in the woods.... he says its a good cover scen and a good lure.
Old 01-07-2002, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I tried it on some deer blocks and got mixed results .The first time it was good and then they just started ignoring it .I had put it on some deer blocks that the deer wouldn't touch .Even then they only ate the peanut butter .
Old 01-07-2002, 04:16 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
deer? A guy at work just mentioned it to me but I thought I would ask you guys.... He said put the peanut butter on the tree about nose height (deer nose)..... Any have a comments?????

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>I had a friend use it and said it worked.The game warden really like it to since you are not allowed to bait in S.C.I don't think he will try it again.