Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

near fatal hunting accident

Old 11-16-2004, 04:52 PM

Default near fatal hunting accident

one of my first cousins had a near fatal hunting accident friday.It seams he and some long time friends were bowhunting in their home state of wis. cousin billy had came out of the woods before the others and was sitting in his car drinking some coffee,he heard someting outside his window turned and lookedand one of the other guys was standing there with his bow at full draw aimed at him then for some reason he shot ,the arrow went through the window and hit billy in the neck.He is still alive but has very bad injurys. HIS BUDDY SAID IT WAS A ACCIDENT THE BOW JUST WENT OFF. All i can think is dum dum dum. If any of you guys from wis. are here and know billy rusch he sure needs your prayers.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: near fatal hunting accident

hope he gets better and also send that moron to the big house for attemted murder
Old 11-16-2004, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

What a @#$% moron that guy must be I hope that he gets charged with attempted murder.Hope the guy pulls through.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's flippin' scary. I hope he sues the guy or something for attempted murder. A bow can't just "go off".
It makes me angry that someone would do such a stupid thing. He has my prayers tonight.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

He has mine too. I would really question the motives of his partner![:@]
Old 11-16-2004, 05:42 PM

Concious decision to draw the bow. There is no such thing as an accidental discharge with a bow that is drawn on a person. Hope your cousin recovers.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:23 PM

I'm just glad that cousin Billy's "friend" doesn't have decent aim. Thoughts and prayers are with Billy
Old 11-16-2004, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone who would do something like that should never be allowed to go hunting again and maybe not allowed to see the sun again--how stupid can you be--It might be possible for some kind of mechanical release to malfunction-- I had one that did--it released before I got to full draw--I was aimed at a target not my partner though. However, this guy should be questioned and researched to the max--a hunting accident would be a good way to harm an intentional victim---If it was an accident--Im sure that the perpetrator is torn apart, which he deserves and more. What a terrible, terrible event. My heart goes out to your cousin
Old 11-17-2004, 06:10 AM

What an idiot! The first rule of hunting safety (at least in my book) is - never aim a lethal weapon at anything (or anybody) that you don't intend to kill. I sure hope his buddy gets a long-term enrollment in the local Anus Enlargement Program. Prayers and best wishes to your cousin.
Old 11-17-2004, 09:12 AM

where in WI did this happen?

Quick Reply: near fatal hunting accident

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.