Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Lost a good one due to cheap remington ammo >

Lost a good one due to cheap remington ammo

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Lost a good one due to cheap remington ammo

Old 11-24-2004, 09:20 AM

Default RE: Lost a good one due to cheap remington ammo

put the round in another gun and shoot it....I would still bet a case of shells its firing pin issue. The primer cannot go deeper than the primer pocket is cut and the pocket cannot be deeper than reamer used to make the pocket ....its a firearm issue no doubt in my mind.
Old 11-25-2004, 08:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

I know that wooddust, But did you ever think that the hull might have been malformed and allowed the primer to set to deep, I ain't a dummy when it comes to my guns and to tell if a firing pin is broke or if there is a problem with it somewhere especially when I could physically see that the primer was setting deeper in the mis-fired round than the others were from the same box on ammo.
Old 11-25-2004, 08:55 AM
Typical Buck

That's just really bad luck, however I have to say that the Corelokt bullets have proven themselves to me time and time again. Might want to reconsider not using them. With any shell, you should always inspect you ammu before you put it in any gun.
Old 11-25-2004, 09:16 AM
Spike

Been shooting Remington ammo for years never a problem. Like some of the other guys are saying have the firing pin checked and the inside of the bolt. If you use oil on it chances are the bolt is gummed up and not allowing it to work properly.
Old 11-25-2004, 09:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

This happened about 10 years ago, I still have the gun and I have checked the firing pin, and I have not had another mis-fire, before or since the one I described, I think if I had a problem with the gun , firing pin, or something other than the ammo I would have had another mishap out of 10 years of hunting with it, don't you?
Old 12-04-2004, 10:56 AM

I have Remington sluggers but haven't fired one yet. Has anyone had problems with these?

Steve
Old 12-04-2004, 07:37 PM

remington has had some ammo problems in the past, but they've worked the bugs out. i use Remington Coppersolid slugs, which have performed flawlessly. i get made fun of once and a while at camp because i pay 21 dollars a box for Hornady's. I guess you get what you pay for. Hornadyis by far my fave ammo. My dad shoots Remington in his .280 and in his .30-06, and never had a problem.

Slayer

"Accurate, Deadly, Dependable"