Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Lost a good one due to cheap remington ammo >

Lost a good one due to cheap remington ammo

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Lost a good one due to cheap remington ammo

Old 11-15-2004, 09:10 PM

Default Lost a good one due to cheap remington ammo

I lost a nice deer due to cheep ass corelokts today, pulled the trigger and gun went snap. Just as I was about to wrap my new ruger around a tree I decided to look at the cartridge, good thing I didnt hit that tree. The primer on the cartridge was setting way to far in. The primer was just barely struck by the firing pin. Guys I have been a Remington fan for years but never again will I buy their cheap shells for anything serious like hunting.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lost a good one due to cheap remington ammo

Thats just one defect out of probably 1 million sorry u got the short end of the stick. U will get him next time. Best of luck! bet u have a personal thing with him now lol
Old 11-15-2004, 09:21 PM

Yep all I can say is that is one lucky deer, or it wasnt his time to go.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

u'll get him next time. U know what they say Paybacks a **** so that deer better ne watchin his back cuz ur gonna lay him out!
Old 11-16-2004, 01:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thatt deer should play the lottery
Old 11-16-2004, 03:55 AM

I've had it happen before with remmington ammo. I've used winchester for years,the've never let me down . Just my opinion.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Contact Remington and let them know the circumstances of the failure, they may surprise you with their response. They may wish for you to send them the failed round and or the remaininder of the box of ammo (at their expense) so they can check the problem. You could be doing a lot of people a favor by doing this and, again, Remingtons' response may favorably surprise you.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:13 AM
etw

Bummer!!! Yes, write to Remington but unless they ask don't send the cartridge. And, if asked, don't send it via U.S. mail since that is a hazardous item prohibited in the mails.
Personally I've never had a problem with Remington Ammo, in fact if possible I always buy Remington.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:22 AM
Dominant Buck

That sounds more like a weak fireing pen. I use only hand loads, but have yet to seat a primer too far. A primer will only go as far as the pocket cut for it. The primer should be seated all the way. I dont see how a primer could be seated to far in. Not to say it was a defect, or crimped primer. If you feel it is the ammo, I would send it to remington. I would check out your gun too, dont want the same thing to happen agian.

As for remington ammo. before i started reloading, remington was all I would use, except in a 30-30. My 30-30 didnt like them. As for my 270, 308, 30-06, all of them loved remington ammo.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

I lost a nice deer due to cheep ass corelokts today, pulled the trigger and gun went snap. Just as I was about to wrap my new ruger around a tree I decided to look at the cartridge, good thing I didnt hit that tree. The primer on the cartridge was setting way to far in. The primer was just barely struck by the firing pin. Guys I have been a Remington fan for years but never again will I buy their cheap shells for anything serious like hunting.

I've had it happen before with remmington ammo. I've used winchester for years,the've never let me down . Just my opinion.
Thats why I always use Winchester to.

I would contact Remington and let them know about it to.

Well Good Luck getting that buck.

jrbsr

Quick Reply: Lost a good one due to cheap remington ammo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.