HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   The Little Things That Hurt Your Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/79067-little-things-hurt-your-deer-hunting.html)

jrbsr 11-14-2004 10:18 AM

The Little Things That Hurt Your Deer Hunting

What are some of the little things that Make or Break a good hunt.

One I can think of that might not even cross your mind.

You bath in scent free soap and scent free shampoo.

Your boots are scent free along with your camo.

But what about the wash cloth you bathed with,

Or the towel you dryed off with after the shower.

Have they been washed with scent free detergent or the

Regular kind with fabric softner and dryed with smelly good dryer sheets.

Another thing Does your wife use Body Spray?

I can be in the kiction and my wife can spray it in the bathroom and in a few minets

I can smell it .

The thing is some scents just linger in the air for a long time.

With the new type of houses that are built tighter,

Even the carpet holds scents and every time you walk across it it will stir up,

Scents that get on you and cling on you.

So what other things can you think of that can make or break a good hunt?

RomanWild 11-14-2004 10:53 AM

RE: The Little Things That Hurt Your Deer Hunting

DEER!:D

cardeer 11-14-2004 11:42 AM

I dont wash my clothes I hunt with,I hang them outside in the horse stalls.I dont sleep with my wife, and get any scents from her.I dont use a wash cloth and dry off next to the heater flames. Dont use any sprays in the house ,My wife is on oxygen. I carry a tarsal gland in my pocket all the time. I have more problems trying to mask the food I take with me.

JerseyJim 11-14-2004 12:01 PM

cardeer... You might want to try taking a bath in doe-in-heat pee as well. You can never be too safe! LOL

Broadhead88 11-14-2004 12:47 PM

Arriving to the club/dressing outside/pulling the clothes from my rubbermaid containers/spraying down with scent free/signing into the club house when the same aholes walk in smoking cigarettes every Sat.

The same guys light up smokes before they hunt and I just don't get it??? After everyone tries so hard to remain scent free; what's up with these guys?

Can't change bad habits.

Bob

TXhighrack 11-14-2004 01:54 PM

After everyone tries so hard to remain scent free; what's up with these guys?
Some people dont worry/care about being "scent free" . I guess you can say I am one of those guys. I kinda get a chuckle out of the things some guys will do in an effort to say scent free. I dont use any scent free products. It just seems like the deer down here dont associate the smell of humans with danger, as long as they dont see you then you should be fine.

ELKampMaster 11-14-2004 07:21 PM

Things that hurt my deer hunting......

Hmmmm.... That would be the taste of deer meat. Shouldn't shoot it if you won't eat it. I won't eat it. Okay, if you bury it deep enough in the recipe it goes down so-so, but by itself --- no. Kinda like lamb, just ain't right. Last deer, 1986.

It would take a pretty special set of circumstances to get me into a deer hunt. Like a hunting partner that wants and uses ALL the meat.

EKM

Trustee 11-15-2004 12:02 AM

Just go hunting! I would be broke if I had to do all the things that everyone suggests we do before hunting.

St.Barnard 11-15-2004 03:36 AM

ELKampMaster, then why are you here then?

george_s 11-15-2004 07:18 AM

work....... working 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, gets in the way of good hunting time......