Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 another major dog shooting consideration while deer hunting >

another major dog shooting consideration while deer hunting

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

another major dog shooting consideration while deer hunting

Old 11-11-2004, 04:16 PM

Default RE: another major dog shooting consideration while deer hunting

well if you ever see a dog that keeps running deer and you want to get rid of it but don't want to kill it put it in a crate and send it to my address. i'll find a home for it.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:12 AM

On the public lands in the lower half of SC, in regards to small game hunting, it is legal to hunt small game in season on public land as long as it does not conflict with big game seasons and or dates.
Deer season opens the middle of August and runs thru 01/01/ in the lower part of the state but most WMAs are not open for the whole season, they come in and out for a week several times thru out the whole deer season. When it is deer week it would be against the regs to small game hunt at that time.

Anyhow, shooting a dog is bad form folks! It would have to be a lot better reason than " he was in the woods" before I'd ever cap one. Not saying I wouldn't bust a cap on one but it would have to be pretty extreme circumstances such as a dog in extreme poor health, mangy, emanciated, etc. before I'd ever pop a dog.
I work pretty dang hard when it comes to deer hunting, 90% of it is on government woods and I usually pack in 3/4 to 1 mile and stay all day but when it's all over at the end of the day I AINT GONNA SHOOT ANOTHER MAN'S DOG!!! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH SOME OF YOU PEOPLE?

Respectfully,
Mark
Old 11-12-2004, 12:12 PM
Fork Horn

On public land.. just make sure your dog has a collar. An orange collar even better.