Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

good knife

Old 11-11-2004, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: good knife

You cant go wrong with a Original folding buck knife.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:34 PM

oldtimer,or Gerber
Old 11-11-2004, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buck knife
Old 11-11-2004, 03:19 PM

thanks guys. I appreciate the ideas. I want something with a wood handle, so the old timer might be pretty good.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:21 PM

not a wood handle, but i've been carring the Kershaw Blackout clip knife and love it.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Camillus that I like alot and still use my buck lockblade that I have had for 10 or 12 years. Both good knives.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

Buy yourself an uncle henry by schrades. They are even guarenteed against lost for one year.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BS

I am going to let one of my secrets out! Why, because I have three! Want a slim light weight folder that is easy to sharpen. And did I say Cheap? Well Zippo makes a nice lightweight, some type of plastic grip with a finger groove. I you do a E-bay search they can be bought from .99 to 9.99. Most times they can be bought from $5-7! Best part is some of them have an orange handle, hard to leave in the woods when they glow orange!
They are made by Bradford in the USA!
Guess what, Zippo and Case are owned by the same company and both share a manufacturing facility in good old Bradford PA. I like, own and use products from both on a daily basis so this is not in any way a put down. For a quality folder today, I would likely get a Puma, a bit pricey but still within range of most folks. I have a Case that I have carried for over 25 years and still use on a daily basis, but again it is an old Case and you just can't beat the steel in it. I have Bucks, Gerbers, Old Timers, Barlows and several others, but keep coming back to Case and Buck. My biggest problem with most knives with stainless steel is they are just too hard and I can't keep an edge on them the way I like it to be. My other problem is the handles, bolsters and rivets wear out before the blade and then you are stuck with a broken kinfe which most manufacturers don't back up. Buck does, but it is still a pain in the backside to box the fool thing up, carry it to the post office and wait for it to come back.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Schrade makes a great folding knife. Get the Schrade plus blade. They are now out of business but there are a lot of them around. I hope someone buys the company and runs it again.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:33 AM

If you want a quality knife and don't want to spend all the bucks----check out ebay. They got thousands of them----and you won't pay an arm and a leg.

Quick Reply: good knife

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.