Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Mich Opener

Old 11-11-2004, 02:56 PM

Default RE: Mich Opener

I hunt in the heart of menominee county... just out side of powers... got some real good sign this year hoping to get the monster.. seem to be alot of deer out by us we will see when monday comes.. good luck to all you fellow u.p. hunters
Old 11-11-2004, 09:41 PM

I wasn't planning on gun hunting this year, but one of the guys we hunt with was near our area and noticed that Mead paper company added logging roads back into the areas that we've been hunting for years, that usually means a major tree wacking is in store and a loss of some great hunting areas.

Then my son was laid off last week unexpectedly and my parents haven't had there UP house closed yet. So now I have my hunting partner and a free place to stay. Haven't been up for opening day in a few years. We hunt south of Gould City in the Central/Eastern UP and have everything packed and ready to go. Can't wait to leave Saturday afternoon.

Good luck and safe hunting to all.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks everyone!