Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Will Coyotes chase or attack??? >

Will Coyotes chase or attack???

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Will Coyotes chase or attack???

Old 11-10-2004, 02:58 PM

Default Will Coyotes chase or attack???

I have never had it happen but I have heard a few stories about coyotes chasing people. One guy had to climb a tree. I have killed a few coyotes but have never had an encounter with one. Has anyone had any encounters or heard any stories?
Old 11-10-2004, 03:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Will Coyotes chase or attack???

To my knowlegde, there has never been a single case of a healthy adult coyote attacking a human. I call coyotes quite a bit, and they run at the first sign of a human. Stories about coyotes chasing people are usually just that, stories. I have seen people panic and climb a tree or do other things to "escape", but the critter that was "after" them usually didn't even know they were there. It always gives me a good laugh to see somebody have a runaway from something harmless.

A good example was a guy that was out in the field picking up pecans with a 5 gallon bucket. A bull heard the bucket and came running. The guy went crazy trying to get away from that bull, but the more he ran, the closer the bull got. He liked to have killed himself diving over a fence to escape. He didn't know it, but all our cattle are trained to come to a bucket. When we pen them, we feed them a bucket of cubes. The bull thought the guy had a bucket of cubes, so he was hustling to get some feed. The bull was harmless, so all the guy had to do was stop and let the bull sniff the bucket. He would have lost interest and went away when he realized there were no cubes. The guy's imagination just got the best of him.
Old 11-10-2004, 03:44 PM

I havent had any experience first hand but have heard about callers being attacked from behind
while calling in yotes. I had one experience that me and a buddy were calling yotes and we had to sit back to back and I do believe that if we hadnt killed em all we would of been attacked. We killed 13 in less than an hour. That was when I lived in Kansas. I believe its possible.
Old 11-10-2004, 03:58 PM

I have heard that some of them will change form under a full moon, at that point, yes they are likely to attack. I have also heard that a silver bullet will stop them. Most likely they are more scarred of you than you are of them. I would worry more about the mountain lions!
Old 11-10-2004, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

My buddy had one run at him once, but he figured it thought he was a rabbit or something because he was in full camo...the second the yote figured out there wasnt a varmit there he turned on the jets and was gone.
Old 11-10-2004, 04:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

I believe in wherewolves
Old 11-10-2004, 05:32 PM

yotes don't attack people ...period.

unless, of course, they have rabies.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was attcaked by a squirel once.[8D]
Old 11-10-2004, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

yotes don't attack people ...period.

unless, of course, they have rabies.
I've seen a few that I suspected had rabies. But they weren't capable of chasing anything. They just slobbered and staggered around. They had the creepiest look in their eyes. It was like the lights were on, but nobody was home. So I turned off the lights.
Old 11-10-2004, 10:37 PM

Only in the movies!

Quick Reply: Will Coyotes chase or attack???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.