HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   The passing of hunting over feeders in Ga (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/7808-passing-hunting-over-feeders-ga.html)

Big Buck Killer 03-05-2002 07:37 PM

The passing of hunting over feeders in Ga

I'm a GA deer hunter and Iwould be glad to see hunting over feeders legalized. I'm 17 and i have only shot one buck in my life and i think this would give me a better opportunity to kill a buck. I hink i would still hunt in the woods though because someimes I like to go out in the woods and relax. ready for 2002 season

larryh 03-05-2002 07:56 PM

RE: The passing of hunting over feeders in Ga

Hey welcome i also hunt in ga. I would like to see feeders legalizwd but don't think they make hunting or getting a trophy buck easier. The trophy bucks if they come in at all usually come at night.Still think its a great idea. Might as well make it legal when even grocery stores sell feed corn tells you alot of folks are doing it anyways. Good luck next season

Tree climber 03-06-2002 10:08 PM

we do it here in Fla,and I think it helps the deer herds also.I have 8 feed stations,my buddys have 4.
my stations take 100 lbs. of corn every 30 to 35 days.does that tell you how much we feed.they are running all the time except for about two weeks befor turkey season then we start again the sunday bird season ends.
all the animals take advantage of the extra feed in the area.
you may take a few big bucks around your feeder when the ryt comes in.most of the big boys stay back a ways.hunt the thickets at the edges on the trails coming in and out.the big boys will stay in the cover till just at dark.

I am not a hunter I am a whitetail population reduction specialest

remember keep your back to the sun, your knife sharp, and your powder dry.

nascar88 03-07-2002 04:46 PM

not a fan of feeding/baiting deer myself, i prefer to actually hunt them, buts thats me. more time in the woods and slow down when your still hunting, you'll see what your looking for without starting your own petting zoo.

buckmine 03-08-2002 11:06 AM

Think about food plots before hunting over a feeder. My brother videotaped an 8 pointer going through our Biologic as it was trailing 8 does that had gone through previously. Guess what, it made through the season.

buckmine 03-08-2002 11:06 AM

Think about food plots before hunting over a feeder. My brother videotaped an 8 pointer going through our Biologic as it was trailing 8 does that had gone through previously. Guess what, it made through the season.