Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Do Estrus Bleats work ?

Old 11-06-2004, 03:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Do Estrus Bleats work ?

I think it was Thursday I bleated in a Llama and today 3 house cats came running toward me when they heard it.
Old 11-06-2004, 06:04 PM

ORIGINAL: cardeer

I think it was Thursday I bleated in a Llama and today 3 house cats came running toward me when they heard it.
I rattled in 3 turkeys (hens). I haven't had success with the can, so far. It isn't for lack of trying, I think its for the lack of seeing deer. I've heard that sometimes it works and others it don't. In my area I haven't had much response to any calling. I'm beginning to think I don't know what I'm doing, and maybe I don't!

I've seen the can and other calls work on t.v., so it must be true...right??? HA!!! Good luck
Old 11-07-2004, 05:58 AM

YES it does work. I have called several books to the can in the past week. I mean they came in on a dead run and freaked out when they seent he Decoy. I thought it was a bunch of BS until I seenit work.
Old 11-07-2004, 06:06 PM

im not sure about the can but im going to get one and try it out.
but i did use a Primos Trphy Grunter 2 weeks ago on the 23rd of oct.
and called in an 8pt he ran past me twice befor i got a shot at him on his 3rd
time coming by me looking for the doe. i called agine after he grunted twice
when i hit the doe bleat he stop and i took him down.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:48 PM
Fork Horn

I used a grunt tube last year to bag a 7 pointer. No scent, just 3 soft bleats, and he came over a rise right at me.
This was early december during the rut in GA.
Old 12-07-2004, 01:37 PM

You're dang skippy them calls work!!!
We was driving to the club one morning when my stupid brother started blowing a grunt tube, all of a sudden a buck jumps out in front of the truck and wham!!!!!

CAUTION!!!!!! DO NOT USE THIS DEVICE WHILE DRIVING AN AUTOMOBILE!!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2004, 02:49 PM

I used the Can this fall for the first time, and I had great luck with it. I would combine it with short grunts and do little series of about 5 bleats, in sets of three every so often (not really sure of how long in between). I had many deer come running in it seemed like right after I called. Two good bucks that were heading the opposite direction completely turned around and headed to me after I bleated at them once or twice. I think it is a very advantageous method for huntin'.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

the can isint working for me. i tried it on a deer and it ran away faster than anything. im putting mine on the shelf with my deer snort call and all the other magic weapons. the grunt call will be next. maybe if there is alot of buck competition they may come but not in my state of new jersey. we have alot of deer but the ratio is out of wack like most of the country. if i lived in texas or something they might work better but im done bringing the extra crap with me out to my stands[:@]
Old 12-07-2004, 06:55 PM

How about the big can for long range bleats, does this also work and are there any variations on how it can be used
Old 12-07-2004, 06:58 PM

hey Rh you know Ive recently have had real good luck with the tube but not with rattling, wahts the trick?

Quick Reply: Do Estrus Bleats work ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.