Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
what do u think about more doe tags? >

what do u think about more doe tags?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what do u think about more doe tags?

Old 03-06-2002, 10:39 AM

Default RE: what do u think about more doe tags?

I agree that more Doe tags should be issued, but only in the areas, where the Buck to Doe ratio is out of wack.

Edited by - buck1 on 03/06/2002 11:41:03
Old 03-06-2002, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ya... i hunted about 130 miles from were i live by my uncles house. i had a buck tag tried to get a doe but got resempt. but i did not even see a buck let alone shoot one but if i would have had a doe tag i would have been done in the first hrs i was out there. saw around 30 deer. all does and fawns. if we have another good winter the deer up here will be producing alot more fawns and alot more of them will be health i am all for the more doe tags. i think that they should give out more doe tags and less buck tags
Old 03-06-2002, 07:03 PM

MrFishy
Were abouts do you live in North Dakota? I go to school at NDSU, but hunt on the Minnesota side. There are a lot of deer there, and you can buy one extra doe tag.

"Playing under the table and dreaming"
Old 03-07-2002, 12:27 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-07-2002, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the extra doe tags here. It helps control the population a little more.
Old 03-07-2002, 06:23 PM

hey why don't you send some my way
Old 03-07-2002, 06:25 PM

Greets,
I dont know enough about the management side to know if we need more doe tags in my area or not. I will say this, given the opportunity, I would buy the extra tags without a second thought! I see doe on better than 70% of my outings in any given season, but the bucks elude me more often than not.

Just my uneducated opinion!
Terry
Old 03-08-2002, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

As others have said I feel that doe taggs are necessary for a good healthy deer management. In NJ where I live for NOW I could take 1000 yes 1000 does as there are unlimited doe tags here in my neck of the woods.

brian
Old 03-08-2002, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

It is necessary......
Old 03-08-2002, 08:44 PM
Spike

As anyone who has ever read any of my posts knows, I am a meat hunter. The extra doe tags are great, as I pass on the little bucks and fill my freezer and family members freezers with does every year. Also, for the problem you have on your farm, doesn't your state allow you to harvest antlerless animals in the summer months? Here in Michigan, a farmer can contact the DNR and they will come out to your farm and look over the damage and issue you a certain number of permits. The number depends on the size of your spread and the amount of damage. Last summer the farmer I was shooting for had the DNR begging him to get more tags as they wanted the numbers reduced big time in his area. I shot 5 deer in 3 days and could have easily shot another 30-40 more if wanted to. The only problem with shooting them in the summer is the heat. You have to skin them and quarter them and get them on ice as soon as possible or the meat will go to waist and that would be a crime.

Quick Reply: what do u think about more doe tags?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.