Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Carbon Blast... Good or Bad??

Old 11-02-2004, 08:05 PM

Default Carbon Blast... Good or Bad??

Hey all,
I think we established that most people like the Fresh Earth scent line. What about Carbon Blast? Its a scent eliminator spray that supposedly works like a carbon suite.

Also, I have seen some "carbon" shirts, pants, and underwear for sale at Meijer. They are not ScentLock, seem to be an off brand. Just seeing if anyone has used these because if they work, they are way cheaper than the ScentLock suites. I think they wanted like $15 for a shirt.

Chris
Old 11-03-2004, 05:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Carbon Blast... Good or Bad??

Liquified carbon sprayed on haphazardly in small patches is not something that I'd want to trust my hunt to . Use liquified baking soda , it's a lot cheaper and works better .

If carbon suits are what you want go here : Sportsman's Guide
Look up "chemical suits" on the search bar , you'll find jacket and pants for $15 . These are mil issue MOPP suits , and they contain more carbon per square foot than any ScentLok suit . They are also so cheap that they're disposable after about 2 weeks of wear . DON'T PUT THEM IN THE WASHER !
Old 11-03-2004, 06:11 AM
Typical Buck

Better yet, save yourself alot of money and do a search on this board for Homemade Scent Killer.

It works great and is cheaper than dirt. Almost all who have tried it agree.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:49 AM

Yepper. . .juts made my first batch of home made scent killer, 1 gal distilled water, 16 oz H2O2? hydrogyn (sp?)peroxide 3%, and a small box of baking soda and 2 shots of scent free laundry soap. I think it cost me $3. The bottle to put it in cost more. Ended up buying a 2 gal red gas can because I read that light is a bad thing for this stuff. It aging now, one week suggested. Will test this weekend.

This week has got to be the slowest of the year here at work. This weekend is the opener for us old guys, takin Friday and Monday off. I have been a bit preocuppied, Gotta go.

Last weekend was opening weekend for Youth guns, took both boys and saw some Deer but things were slow due to the real bright moon and hot weather. Saw a few does, a 4 pt and a 10 pt but could not get a good shot on them so we will wait.

BTW. . .what is up with OHIO? Go W.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:55 AM
Typical Buck

I recently had a fox trot to within 10 feet of me one morning while using the stuff. I shined my red lens flashlight on him and he was totally oblvivios that I was there. He came from the downwind side too. If it fools a fox 10 feet away, I'd say it's worth a look.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:07 AM

I have never used the carbon blast but I here it works. I have a pair of Scent Blocker pantys I got on EBAY for 29.99, retail like $109. I also just got a X-Scent shirt from Legendary Whitetails for 29.99. It has some sort of silver particle in the fibers that kills bacteria that causes odor. It is made to be worn directly on the skin. With the heat I have been wearing the pants, some rubber boots and the shirt and the dousing my head and neck area in Earth Cover Scent. I have had a doe 50 yards downwind of me in an open cutover with the wind blowing 5-10 mph and she never knew I was there. Had a fox come out about 10 feet form me Monday while I was sitting on the ground and had a small 8 point and a spike walk in on my path 200 yards through a bean field and NONE of them had a clue I was around. The Scent Blocke rstuff is nice but pricy. Look into the X-Scent and cover scent
Old 11-03-2004, 09:04 AM

I used it all last year and it worked great for me. I have absolutely no complaints.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:22 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: STUMPYBARNES

I have a pair of Scent Blocker pantys I got on EBAY for 29.99, retail like $109.
Pantys ?
Stumpy , is there something you're trying to tell us ?
Old 11-03-2004, 03:29 PM
Dominant Buck

Ended up buying a 2 gal red gas can because I read that light is a bad thing for this stuff.
Yep, hydrogen peroxide is photoreactive. Light will make it degrade quikly into water and O2 gas. That is why Peroxide is stored in brown bottles.