Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Finding someone in your tree stand???What the .%^&$# >

Finding someone in your tree stand???What the .%^&$#

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Finding someone in your tree stand???What the .%^&$#

Old 11-01-2004, 12:57 PM

Default RE: Finding someone in your tree stand???What the .%^&$#

Was this public or private land? If it is private land and you know this guy doesn't have permission then I would have left and called the police immediately. If this was on public land then I guess it depends on what the state law says. In Minnesota if the stand is up on public land then it is a public stand to be used by anyone. I would never use someone else's stand no matter what the case was but if you did leave your stand up on public property and the law says that anyone can use it then it is your own fault, but still a shady thing for another hunter to do.
I too have a question the cop that had someone's license suspended for "saying" that he owned your stand. Was this on public land? If so what crime did he commit? If this was your own private land then that guy should be on America's Dumbest criminals.
Old 11-01-2004, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

You cant trust anyone, if only one!! I have some yahoo's that post no tresspassin sighns on my property and act like its there property!!!! I have never ran across them this year, but when i do,..................oh boy!! I come to these woods to kill some deer and kick some ass, i aint seeing no deer so i look for the only other thing when things are slow!! I found a stand they built across the creek where i have a favorite tree i like to climb for the rut. I went over and took a big old dump in his chair and left the toilet paper on the floor of the stand!! Lets see him sit in that stand again!!
Old 11-01-2004, 04:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

If I catch him on some of my private owned/leased land I call the game warden immediately (he is in my radio) and he is prosecuted.