HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Poachers at it again (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/76874-poachers-again.html)

Mod70 10-23-2004 09:06 PM

Poachers at it again

Caught two poachers this morning. They are starting early this year. Usually don't have much trouble till the start of rifle season but, they got a early start I guess as this was the first day of smoke pole season. One thing I know for sure is you don't do much hunting when your chasing down lowlife poachers. The game warden gave me the deer but he put evidence tags on them and told me to hang them in my cooler but dont do anything to them untill he talks to the District Attorney. I have four tender loins and can't eat them. It's not fair!!!

cardeer 10-24-2004 12:59 AM

RE: Poachers at it again

PIGS, thats all I have to say

huntnheel 10-24-2004 05:54 AM

Glad you caught 'em Mod.
heel

JerseyJim 10-24-2004 06:53 AM

Great job! Outstanding!!

FiremanWV 10-24-2004 07:00 AM

We have a problem with head hunters here. Can find a good many deer in areas with only the heads missing. Not enough DNR to catch them in this big county. I think jail is too good for them.

thecontractor 10-24-2004 07:14 AM

although i dislike poachers of any kind, up here in the mountains there are a lot of families that are going hungry due to lack of jobs/work. The economy is worse now than it's ever been. I know a couple of guys that have poached just to feed their families. The one's that I really hate are the one's that shoot em and leave em lay!!! good work on your catch.

1dahunter 10-24-2004 10:01 AM

ORIGINAL: thecontractor

although i dislike poachers of any kind, up here in the mountains there are a lot of families that are going hungry due to lack of jobs/work. The economy is worse now than it's ever been. I know a couple of guys that have poached just to feed their families. The one's that I really hate are the one's that shoot em and leave em lay!!! good work on your catch.
I couldnt agree more. I dont have a problem with someone trying to feed his family!

kevin1 10-24-2004 01:38 PM

I couldn't begrudge a man the right to feed his family when times are lean , and I wouldn't turn him in . :eek:
But I would help him find a better way too so that he could quit poaching .

Regular poachers , however , should be boiled in oil until they turn to pork rinds ! [:@]*#@%

thecontractor 10-24-2004 02:33 PM

i realize that this is not the political forum but i have to add that i believe that the ecenomical stuggle that we're in right now really has nothing to do with bush............................how can you blame one man for such a state?? if i was to blame any man it would be bin laden but it is not him.............9/11 and those who helped make it happen are the one's to blame. but we will overcome as american's. although most of don't and could not possibly remember (most weren't born yet) america has had worse times (if you can believe that). i will start another thread on the subject.

BowHuntingFool 10-24-2004 02:57 PM

I couldn't begrudge a man the right to feed his family when times are lean , and I wouldn't turn him in .
But I would help him find a better way too so that he could quit poaching .

Regular poachers , however , should be boiled in oil until they turn to pork rinds ! *#@%
I kinda agree, but Poaching is Poaching no matter how you look at it! Poaching = Jail! JMO!