Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Do you hunt with anyone that's plain old "LUCKY"? >

Do you hunt with anyone that's plain old "LUCKY"?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Do you hunt with anyone that's plain old "LUCKY"?

Old 03-05-2002, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you hunt with anyone that's plain old "LUCKY"?

It's like anything else.
The more you practice, The luckier you get.
Old 03-05-2002, 03:44 PM

My Nephew. I don't know if he is lucky, or if the deer where he hunts are just plain STUPID. The following scenario has happened to him not once, BUT TWICE, over the last 5 years.

He's on his stand, drinking coffee and smoking a cigarette. Gun hanging on a branch next to him. He sees a deer...40 yards away...nice buck.....grabs his gun....shoots....BANG!...Misses...deer runs off....circles back....runs right back to the tree that the stand is in AND STANDS THERE LOOKING AROUND!!! Now offered a 10yard shot, he shoots and kills the 8 pointer (other instance was a spike buck).

Lucky?....Stupid Deer?....You decide.
Old 03-05-2002, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

I don't hunt with him but I know him. A couple of years ago he left the hunters breakfast on opening day went to his stand and fell asleep... woke himself snoring ...
you guessed it right there was a nice buck and he shot it. I don't think the season was 1/2 hour old.

Edited by - ne hunter on 03/05/2002 17:46:15
Old 03-05-2002, 04:52 PM

Yeah, myself. My brother always said I was the luckiest hunter he had ever seen. I replied that it wasn't luck it was SKILL.
Old 03-05-2002, 06:23 PM

Greets,
OH YEA!! My hunting partner isnt always real lucky, but he ALWAYS sees something! off season, he's riding his bike up a closed logging road.. rounds a bend, a WHOLE HEARD of elk less than 100 yards away, just grazing. He sneaks in on em to less than 30 yards!
Every deer season, he sees doe almost daily, which of course means if he's got a doe tag he has meet. Where we hunt Doe tags are draw, and you pretty much always gety one every other year.

Just my uneducated opinion!
Terry
Old 03-06-2002, 09:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

My partners always say I am the lucky one as I usually get the biggest bucks or bulls.I do not scout pre season but then I have hunted the same area for almost 30 years.The biggest reason for me getting the biggest bucks though, is that I hold out for big mature bucks while my partners usually run out of patience and kill a smaller buck.
Old 03-07-2002, 07:31 AM
Typical Buck

my brother is one of the luckiest i know of, hes like a deer magnet.. but i guess its what all you know about deer hunting to b successful
Old 03-07-2002, 09:13 AM

One of the guys I bowhunt with is pretty lucky. This was his first year of bowhunting, and the place I hunt with him is only 30 acres. He killed five deer off of it (we can obtain a lot of bonus tags). He took two does the very first week of the season (archery). Then he shot an 8-point (archery). He shot that thing very poorly, but I managed to track it down for him. Strange hit, but we recovered it.

The first day of rifle season, he killed a 10-point. Muzzleloader season rolls around, and he heads to the woods with a brand-new TC. NEVER even fired it. He shot and missed a doe that day, but managed to take another 8-point the next day.

This was all from the same stand.

MOCraig

Old 03-07-2002, 10:04 AM

one of my dads friends always seems to get the monsters...he has racks hanging all over his house and many of them are huge..6 150 + b+c racks and a p+y 9 pt that scored 129......3 times he got a buck on the last evening of the hunt and once it was at last light..very lucky....but it skill and persistance too....
Old 03-07-2002, 11:53 AM

Some people are lucky, others work hard to make their own luck: my brother is both. He does more than his share of work in the woods, but also has luck on his side. One example: he once shot a buck at 20 yards. The arrow hit and unseen branch, deflected to the right off of a small tree a few yards from the deer, then deflected back left of a tree on the other side of the shooting lane and made a clean, double lung pass through. He thought he missed after seeing the arrow bounce all over the place. Got down to leave, went to get his arrow and found it covered with blood, took a few steps and saw the deer lying 30 yards away. That is just one of many "lucky" stories he has.

Quick Reply: Do you hunt with anyone that's plain old "LUCKY"?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.