HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   What do you consider to be the best gun brand? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/75750-what-do-you-consider-best-gun-brand.html)

Indiana-Eric 10-13-2004 10:49 AM

What do you consider to be the best gun brand?

i think i would have to say H&R/NEF, ive never owned better guns than those. They are just as good as those $1000.00 guns on the market i think. I own a H&R Ultra Slug Hunter 20 gauge and a NEF pardner tracker 20 gauge, both of em are super dependable Id trust em with every shot IF they are clean lol.

Wooddust 10-13-2004 11:05 AM

RE: What do you consider to be the best gun brand?

om of those two...you may not want to know lol
Lookingg to start a fight????

For my money, Ive never had a bad experience with anything made by Remington...870, 1100's; have 13 700's.

Only Browning rifle i own is a BBR 243....at best its an ok shooter, never has been accuarate like a Remington

My Ruger 10-22 is a cool little plinker

Winchesters have never made it into a keeper category, much like Browning...they make a good rifle but if you evaluate on the accuracy of the weapon, Remingtons for me have always outperformed Winchester...probably due to Remingtons awesome trigger and better quality control on barrels

just my thoughts

m.t.hands 10-13-2004 11:14 AM

rem model 700, model 7, ruger no 1, and my encore for me, i think it would be the gun you are most confident and comfortable with, btw the nef's are neat pieces i've got one in 243 that i keep out of the safe for busting coyotes, load up with bt's and does a number on em

davidhardegree 10-13-2004 11:17 AM

ORIGINAL: Wooddust

For my money, Ive never had a bad experience with anything made by Remington...870, 1100's; have 13 700's.
Amen to Wooddust - I've never used anything other than a Remington on a regular basis. I've shot other guns, but I wouldn't be quick to trade any of mine.

zrexpilot 10-13-2004 11:50 AM

I am a fan of remington also but the last shotgun I bought from them was a P.O.S. ! it was a 870 pump in matte finish and it rusted up within a week, shoot it started from the first time I used it and yes I oiled it.
I shoot a Rem. 700 VLS in .243 and it is one fine gun, accurate too.

TURKEY FAN 10-13-2004 11:59 AM

+REMINGTON ALL THE WAY BABY

Wooddust 10-13-2004 12:05 PM

Hmmmm...my anylitical side would have to say...all metal rusts.....but perhaps the oil failed?

James B 10-13-2004 12:22 PM

That is a question with no real answer. I have had good and bad guns of almost all brands. I have to say that the worst gun I ever owned was the most expensive one I ever owned. That was a Weatherby Mark five. What a piece of crap. The trigger was unuseable and the accuracy stunk. I unloaded that fast. I have a small fleet of NEF rifles, the best being my 26 inch barreled 280. All The Remingtons that I have ever owned,(and thats a lot) have been good shooters and very dependable. My favorite may well be the 7600. All my 700's have been excellent. I quess If I were betting my life on a rifle it would be a Remington. My Abolt 308 is a fine shooter as well.

m.t.hands 10-13-2004 02:51 PM

I have to say that the worst gun I ever owned was the most expensive one I ever owned. That was a Weatherby Mark five.
how strange, the same for me except mine was a 7mm mag, biggest POS i've ever owned, and to think i was so happy when i bought it

BeltedMag 10-13-2004 05:51 PM

REMINGTON