Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What do you consider to be the best gun brand? >

What do you consider to be the best gun brand?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What do you consider to be the best gun brand?

Old 10-13-2004, 06:21 PM

Default RE: What do you consider to be the best gun brand?

remington and winchester for rifles and benelli for shotguns
Old 10-13-2004, 08:31 PM

I have a Win model 70 and Remington modle 700 adl. Both are accurate and dependable. I just bought my son a H&R in .243. It shoots like a champ. I would say overall, I prefer Remington for rifles.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

I own Remingtons, a Weatherby, NEF, Thompson Center, and a Savage. I like all of the ones I own. I also own a Marlin 336, and I have to say that I am impressed with pretty much everthing Marlin puts out. I think you get a lot for your money when you buy a Marlin.

C. Davis
Old 10-13-2004, 09:47 PM
BT
Typical Buck

I have been luckey i guess. so far all my guns have been all right.
As far as strongest and most relibal i will pick ruger espicaly in handguns.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:58 PM

Sako
Old 10-14-2004, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

My favorite is Remington...
Old 10-14-2004, 10:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with BT on the Ruger Handguns. I have nothing against thier rifles either. I have just had good Luck with Reminton Rifles.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:19 AM
Fork Horn

Remington all the way. Between my bro, pop and I we own a few remingtons, savage, ruger, browning, and marlin. The remingtons are by far the best. The savages are also good. My father shoots a Browning A-bolt, and so far it is doing great by them. But there is another reason that I am partial to Remington.
4 years ago my fathers Remington semi-auto kept jamming so we brought it to our gunsmith who sent it back to Remington. My father had had the gun for over 20 years, but kept it in very good shape. Remington sent him a letter saying that the gun was not fixable, but being that he had taken such good shape of the gun and has bought other remingtons in the past, they were sending him a brandnew 30-06. Well a week later the gunsmith called us and sure enough Remington sent my father a brand new gun free of charge. And it was a better model than he previously had. Because of that reason I will never by anything but a Remington.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:01 PM

Weatherby Vanguard in .270 is the best I have ever had and the Remington 710 is the biggest POS i ever owned, I practically gave it away to get rid of it. So remington does make some crap. Thats just my opinion.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

My vote would have to go with Remington in a rifle. It's the only rifle I've ever owned so I may be biased. In a shotgun, I would have to say that my browning is a better quality gun but my mossberg is more durable. As far as handguns are concerned, I only own Ruger, and they perform flawlessly.

Quick Reply: What do you consider to be the best gun brand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.