Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I don't get it

Old 03-03-2002, 04:44 PM

Default I don't get it

I don't understand why people would road hunt. Why do it? There is no way it gets the adrenalin pumping. And you can't tell me all these people are in that desperate a need for meat. It really ticks me off when i am hunting and hear a vehicle riding down the road then stop and shoot. It not only gives all hunters a bad rap but it takes the fun out of hunting. I am by no means accusing any of the people on the board of doing it, I just needed to get it off my chest. I hunt on my widowed aunts farm. She has about 300 acres of land. She has been moved to a nursing home so there isnt any one around to keep poachers off of the land. It has really become a problem down there. Thanks for listening to my whining but I just had to say something.

LIFE IS SHORT, HUNT HARD
Old 03-03-2002, 05:43 PM

Default RE: I don't get it

I hear ya Redneck. I have a similar situation here, only it is a neighvor lady's 400 acres. She can still drive and everything, but cannot get out and patrol her land so to speak. She has basically told me that I'm the only person allowed on the property and to send anyone who I catch trespassing packing, or tell her and she will contact the authorities. The problem is not with road hunters however, but quad riders (kids). she has asked me to post her property, and hopefully this will make the trespassers think twice. I feel your pain!

Dan Blair
Old 03-03-2002, 07:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would start now by blocking all access roads possible and getting out the posted signs. If possible contact a game warden and tell him your situation. Get his cell phone number, you will probably need it.
Old 03-03-2002, 07:42 PM

We have posted the land but it doesnt stop anyone. The game warden was notified that nobody would be around and he suppost to be patrolling the area and if anyone was on the land without written permission he/she would be prosecuted. It has been about 2-3 yrs since she was put in the home and i have seen the game warden around there one time. I live about an hour away and can't keep an eye on the place. It is just aggravating.

LIFE IS SHORT, HUNT HARD
Old 03-03-2002, 08:56 PM

Get to know the bordering land owners, maybe you can find one to buddyup with. Then you will have someone close to keep an eye on things, or maybe the neighbors would be less likly to treaspass if they knew you.
Old 03-03-2002, 11:38 PM

Greets,
Well, looks like I am not the only one! Except I have to hunt public land, so road hunters are a BIG problem in my areas. Really Irks me when I do it all right and set up in a field, usually hiked into, only to leave empty handed and on the way out see some guys in a truck rifles in hand driving around glassing the clearcuts by the roads. ( see my post in Hunting trip that made you maddest )

Just my uneducated opinion!
Terry
Old 03-03-2002, 11:43 PM

redneck i hear you. we have 2000 acres try keeping that covered with just a few. turkey season is coming and to keep our stuff from just vanishing we must take turns being there.even when we arent hunting someone has to be seen.
we pay good money for the rights to hunt it. if they ,the thugs, would like to hunt why can't they just ask. yeah we would charge cause we have to pay the landowner. but they could hunt it wasnt free for us.

We are a non profit hunting club.
Old 03-04-2002, 03:06 AM

It happens everywhere. Some people just don't get it. There are bad seeds all over the place. Some people just need an a$$ whippen. People that do this are not hunters but are (deleted due to content). And thats all I got to say about that.
Old 03-04-2002, 10:29 PM

Is it legal in your states? It's illegal here(Az.) but I'm sure people still do it. I've never actually seen it myself though.

"Hunt smart, know your target and beyond"
Old 03-05-2002, 03:55 PM

It is definetly not legal in ohio. Buy like you said it doesn't stop people.

LIFE IS SHORT, HUNT HARD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.