Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how often do you see deer

Old 10-04-2004, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default how often do you see deer

I would like to see if I am about average in seeing the number deer as everyone else. In a given week I hunt a average of 30 hrs. From my stand I probably see deer 70% of time. As been out in the woods walking to and from stand I probably see deer 90% of the time.
Old 10-04-2004, 01:23 PM

Default RE: how often do you see deer

i used to hunt from a stand on my grandparent's farm in lawrence county pennsylvania looking over crop fields, i was lucky to see two deer a day. don't get me wrong they were usually monsters. but now i live in the mountains and i have never hunted from a stand, i use the walk and sit method and i see tons and tons of deer. first thing in the morning i stictly sit hoping to catch a buck coming out of his bedding area, but about 9am or so i walk about 75-100 yards then sit for a half hour or so, this is when i see the most deer. i know i rambled on, i hope i answered your question in the process.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:36 PM

i norm. see about 15 deer in the rifle season this is when i hunt mon,tuse,wend,friday and saturday the first week and monday wensday friday saturday of the second week. now in the early bow season i norm. see about 4 deer a day.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:04 PM

On opening day of rifle season last year, between 7:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., I counted over 85 deer from my treestand. No joke. Sure, I'm certain that some of them were recycled, but most of them were not... Of those deer, I saw one legal buck- a seven point.
You think we might have an overpopulation and a buck-to-doe ratio problem??? [&:]
My hunting region has finally put some new laws in place this year which will encourage a larger doe harvest. Every year until this one, the first week of gun season was buck only, so the new laws this year should be a step in the right direction.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

this is when i hunt mon,tuse,wend,friday and saturday the first week and monday wensday friday saturday of the second week.
Killer243, your season is only two weeks long?

i see a couple deer almost everytime i go out around my house, jsut still hunting. And then when i go to the family property i see anywhere from 0 to 20 deer in a day, stillhunting and doing quiet drives and pushes
Old 10-04-2004, 09:24 PM

Depending on the moon and weather, I see an average of 20 per day stand hunting. Often see the same animals morning and evening.
Old 10-05-2004, 05:24 AM

we used to have that problem (buck to doe ratio) and still do in some areas. but the PGC's new laws have kept younger bucks alive and killed off a lot of the doe. one thing that the game commission did last year was combine buck and doe season. also instead of going by counties for the doe permits, they expanded the area so we were able to hunt in like 5 counties with one liscense. we can only get one of those types but then we had our allegheny national forest antlerless tag, and then i believe anybody with a valid liscense can walk into allegheny county courthouse (pittsburgh area) and buy as many antlerless tags as they wanted. plus they also offer green tag areas for farms that had crop damage. does your state have any of these things going on yet???
Old 10-05-2004, 06:16 AM
Dominant Buck

I see them all the time until I go hunting ...
Old 10-05-2004, 06:49 AM

usually i see at least 1 a day, usually good sized bucks. sometimes i see 10 or more a day though.
Old 10-05-2004, 07:23 AM

I saw one too many the other night when I was driving; she stepped in front of my car. Luckily I was on the lookout, and slowed down in time. She changed her mind and retreated back into the cornfield.

Quick Reply: how often do you see deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.