Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Propane smell in woods.

Old 09-27-2004, 10:46 PM

Default Propane smell in woods.

The last post made me think of a question and I did not want to piggyback off theirs. I have a new tower blind and I have a small propane heater in it. will the smell of the heater or burnt propane give off a smell that would spook deer. Any ideas?
Thanks

Old 09-28-2004, 12:43 AM

Default RE: Propane smell in woods.

yes the propane does have a smell. I use a coffee can with a roll of toilet paper soaked in alcohol. It burns long and puts off alot of heat, has no smell and doesnt smoke. plus there is no sound. works great.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a small propane heater in it. will the smell of the heater or burnt propane give off a smell that would spook deer. Any ideas?
Thanks
Nope! I have a box blind for gun hunting and I've been using a propane heater for years with no problems.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Place a open bottle of tinks in front of the heater. The heater will make the woods smell like a deer love nest
Old 09-28-2004, 07:01 AM

If the winds wrong and it hits em, it will spook em. And im sure it lets off some kind a smell a deer could pick up.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:30 AM

ORIGINAL: TimberCreek

The last post made me think of a question and I did not want to piggyback off theirs. I have a new tower blind and I have a small propane heater in it. will the smell of the heater or burnt propane give off a smell that would spook deer. Any ideas?
Thanks

I saw the guys on "Realtree Road Trips" use a propane heater in a box blind. The only problem they had was the camera man burnt his rear b/c he backed a little too close to the heater. Funny stuff, I recommend buying the DVD.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:34 PM

ORIGINAL: annieoakley

yes the propane does have a smell. I use a coffee can with a roll of toilet paper soaked in alcohol. It burns long and puts off alot of heat, has no smell and doesnt smoke. plus there is no sound. works great.
Sounds to easy. What kind of alcohol? I think I'll give that a try.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:50 PM

Thanks
Old 09-28-2004, 10:01 PM

robow just use plain ole rubbing alcohol. And unsceanted toilet paper. Use the small size coffee can. It works great.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:27 PM

Could you give a little more detail. Thanks

Quick Reply: Propane smell in woods.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.