Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Legal to kill BigFOOT

Old 09-28-2004, 06:44 PM

Default RE: Legal to kill BigFOOT

You guys would be surprised at the amount of people that actively hunt bigfoot. There are actually laws against shooting BF in a county or two in Washington state, and in Whitehall, NY. But that would go outta' the window in a self-defense scenario.[:@]
BF love deer, so the chances of a bowhunter having an encounter is more likely than some Joe Schmoe out for a walk in the woods. If any wants, if nothing else but for giggles, Google search under the keywords: bigfoot, sasquatch, deer liver. You will be surprised at the matches found.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

My friend had a big foot but after his accident with the 20 gauge it's one toe smaller.......lol
Old 09-28-2004, 07:56 PM

I can see how this might develop into another debate:

"What is the right caliber for hunting BigFoot? 300 win mag, or will my .243 suffice?"

"Mechanicals, or does someone recommend fixed blade like for elk?"

honestly...not sure if I'd be drawing back on him or messing me new scent block pants up!

Ken B
North "Ain't no Bigfeet down here" Texas
Old 09-28-2004, 09:13 PM

"What is the right caliber for hunting BigFoot? 300 win mag, or will my .243 suffice?"
You can use a traditional wooden keg, or you can use the new fangled metal ones.
Check out the rules and sign up for the competition this season
http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.asp?m=758566
Old 10-03-2004, 03:37 PM

In PA the laws says if it isn't listed as a game species it is illegal to kill it. I wonder if the notoriety generated would generate enough income to cover the fine? How would you score it?[:-]
Old 10-04-2004, 07:45 AM

Last year a high fence operation in the Texas hill country imported several big foots (big feet?) from Washington state and put them on his ranch. It was a financial disaster because big foots can climb fences and open gates. He was ruined and the big foots, being from Washington state, opened a Starbucks in Fredricksburg and are doing very well.
Old 10-04-2004, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have already shot a bigfoot. He wasn't fully "dispatched" when I reached him and on his dying breath he asked me to take care of his family. So there ARE MORE! But I promised him on his death bed (of pine needles) that I would take care of them. I am sorry, but I cannot reveal any more information regarding this matter. Please don't ask questions or attempt any further investigation, as those attempts would be futile. I was apprehended by agents of a government authority (I don't know exactly which agency as they were quite secretive, all wearing black suits, ties and dark sunglasses and all). These agents took me on some sort of aircraft to a place they kept calling "51", where I was debriefed and thoroughly brainwashed of all aspects of this matter, for "my own safety" they said.
Then they let me go with just a metric compass and I had to walk home with only two peanut butter samwiches, a bottle of flat diet coke and a six pack of (GET THIS!) warm, skunked Blatz beer as a reminder of what would happen the "next time" as punishment. (These guys are really serious! Warm beer?!?!?!?!)

Anyway, you didn't hear any of this from me.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 10-04-2004, 10:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just be careful they shoot back, and they got big guns and big bows too.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:14 PM
Fork Horn

I don't think I could kill a bigfoot. I would shoot it in the knee caps, then capture it, and sell it to the discovery channel. Cha-Ching$$$