HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Don't you hate it when....? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/7383-dont-you-hate-when.html)

Makoto 03-02-2002 12:16 PM

Don't you hate it when....?

Don't you hate it when you're scouting and you're finding all kinds of buck sign and then you find a tree stand right there and feel like taking it? This just happened to me today. And it's happened just a little while ago. Tell me of any times this has happened to you.

Tree climber 03-02-2002 12:23 PM

RE: Don't you hate it when....?

it has happened to me many times,I just leave the area and go look some where else.they did the same thing you are doing,except they did it first.there good luck,your bad luck.
there are a lot more places to hunt,thats just part of scouting,to see if anyone is there .

I am not a hunter I am a whitetail population reduction specialest

remember keep your back to the sun, your knife sharp, and your powder dry.

Deleted User 03-02-2002 12:56 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Makoto 03-02-2002 01:22 PM

Broncos7.... I haven't taken one but I just feel that they have 'MY' spot,' although they got there first. And another thing is that under one tree stand I found two empty bottles of doe urine and ciggerette butts! And it looked like the stand has been there awhile because the scew-in steps had some rust.

JagMagMan 03-02-2002 01:23 PM

It has happened to me many times! In the hunting club I hunt in, its first one there gets the spot. So, I just have to keep scouting, with the hopes that established hunters will give up a good spot. You would be surprised how many times someone will give up a good spot or even get off of the lease! Saying "there are no deer in this area!" When all along they were in a great spot and did not hunt it right, and didn't see anything! Keep on scouting!

pabuckhunter 03-02-2002 01:27 PM

I hunt on my uncles land some times I have this problem but I would never take there stand

deerslayer2 03-02-2002 03:32 PM

HAPPENED TO ME A COUPLE YEARS AGO WHEN I STILL HAD TO HUNT PUBLIC LAND. I JUST WALKED ON, A LITTLE ENVIOUS.

Adui13 03-02-2002 09:08 PM

Greets,
Nope, dont hate it.. little envious though. What bothers mne is when I scout an area out, make regular trips in months in advance all the way up to the opening day, never seeing another person. Then go in my area opening day to find a buch a yahoos driving around all the roads that WERE closed and now arent, just glassing the feilds from the trucks looking for an easy kill! Happens to me every year in one form or another.

Just my uneducated opinion!
Terry

soarkrebel 03-02-2002 10:15 PM

nope! i hunt 2000 acres of prime land all leased to me.some is owned by my family. yeah i have to share with by members but we are few. and besides dont tell them .
i cant stand a stand thief! we had some stolen several years ago on a tract we had next to public land. boy it makes you mad . if you want one they sell them! i might even sell you that one but dont steal it. if i ever caught someone doing this i can assure you they will leave the area. it would get very expensive living around here. my camp is 80% police officer!no warnings!

Deleted User 03-02-2002 11:46 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]