Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Don't you hate it when....?

Old 03-04-2002, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Don't you hate it when....?

"I haven't taken one but I just feel that they have 'MY' spot,' although they got there first.".....Huh?
Old 03-04-2002, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try to find out who's stand it is. A lot of the stands I find are old permanent stands that have'nt been used in years.
Old 03-05-2002, 05:35 AM
Fork Horn

It happens a lot, believe me! But the "up-side" to this problem is that it someone else agrees with your scouting technique. Sometimes when you're forced out of "your spot" you wind up finding something better!
Old 03-05-2002, 06:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

I hunt private land only, but there have been a few times when I found an old stand, usually I will check it out and see if it is safe and climb it to check things out. If it looks good I will check back with the land owner and see if he is using it or if someone else is, usually he will say for me to use it, because no one else has his permission. Would I use it if it was someone else? No, but I would try to scout the area a little harder and see if I could head of any deer that would be working towards that stand from a safe distance.

The Tazman
Old 03-05-2002, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

its the breaks of public land, wish them luck and move on. if they arent in it, pee under the tree. hehehe