Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what would you do??????

Old 09-26-2004, 09:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: what would you do??????

What amazes me is that your families attitude is that if you call they'll shoot every deer they can just for fun,WHAT KIND OF CRAP IS THAT!Sorry but if that was my families attitude then they would not be in my family.Tell them you'll call if they keep it up and they will probley get caught on their "just for fun shooting spree"It blows me away that some guys feel like a hunting hero because they can spotlight a big buck.I'm glad you reformed your ways even though your family members have not,hang in there you may yet reform some of them.Good luck!
Old 09-26-2004, 10:45 AM

That is a stcky situation for you,after thinking about it,here are my thoughts....it is not so much different than say someones personal spirituality.Everyone has their own set of ideological,ethical and moral standards.You obviously are farther along that path than your family.Some would eventually get where you are at,but others definately will not.If you're serious about taking a stand,I'd put down my thoughts on this in writing.Allow all family members to see it.(violaters as well as non,including spouses),then tell them that your convictions will not allow you to let it go any longer.Tell them that any future violations of hunter ethics or game laws will be reported,and that they will to decide whether or not it will effect their relationship with you,adding that you love them all as family.

The HIGH Road is not always the easy road,but it is the best road for you personally.GOOD LUCK
Old 09-27-2004, 09:33 AM

Hey Eric, somtimes to beat a criminal you have to think like one. Call the dnr but tell them you want them to act upon it as if they were never tipped off you know just happened to be in the same area as your brother and them. This way it keeps you out of it. These guys are helping no one they make hunters look very bad and are making your family look bad too. I'm sure there are people in your home town that susspect your brothers and cousins of doing this now that makes your whole family a bunch of no good poachers you see what I'm getting at I hope your not betraying your family your doing whats right to keep the respect of your family name. As for you being involved in this earlier sometimes you have to do whats wrong to learn whats right. Trust me on this if the dnr in your town are anything like the game commission in my town one time getting caught may be all they need to stop what they are doing.
Old 09-27-2004, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would play a real dirty trick on them sometime or do something to make them think there are going to get busted. then maybe they will change way of thinking towards whats right and wrong.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:03 PM

have a cousin who has a family to take care of, they dont have any money, but they have guns. my cousin shoots deer any time of the year which is bad, but, he told me that a game warden told him that he knew they didnt have any money, and he didnt care if my cousin shot deer, just as long as they ate it and kept secret about it., and trust me, ive stayed at my cousins house, and he dont have any food lol, and his kids are like 6, 4, and 2 i think, heres my question, what do you have to say about that???

eric you brought up this very same topic back in august seems to me that either your relatives just dont care or that you are looking for an exscuse to legitamize what is going on,, poaching is poaching no matter what reason is behind it and it makes those of us that go by the rules look bad as i posted above your very own words from a previous post either turn them in or get them to change, but posting the same thing every month is only going to get you the same response from most here
Old 09-27-2004, 08:24 PM
Typical Buck

I could not turn in a famly member. That being said I would let them know that I do not condone their poaching, and never to bring any of their illegal meat etc near my home or family or you will turn them in. They will get caught in due time. Don't make your family life miserable by being the family traitor.IMHO
Old 09-27-2004, 09:08 PM

All I can say is what the hell kind of family do you have? If that kind of sh@# happened and they said something like that I would go to the fish and game clubs and let everyone know what was going on. End that crap.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

MAKE THE CALL. Family or not. These people are not hunters. Hunters have a respect for the game laws and the animals they hunt.
Its the responsible hunters who placed these restrictions on themselves. People like those you mentioned not only give hunters a bad name, but by killing every deer they see are ruining hunting for everyone else. Look at it this way. If they continue, your children won't have any deer to hunt.
make the call.
Old 09-29-2004, 02:55 AM

this is a VERY SAD issue,and it seems like i am hearing more more of this in evrwhere in theis awsome country of our its to bad,some people cant be like us and hunt the right way.

MassBowhunter
Old 09-29-2004, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

If they kill the deer just to kill them thats no different then murder, put that idea in your families minds maybe that will change them. if they are killing those deer for food then thats different but if its for that thrill just to kill something they are sick people and need help, they are basically murderers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.