Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what would you do??????

Old 09-23-2004, 07:59 PM

Default what would you do??????

almost everyone in my family who hunts also poaches whenever they can, both brothers, cousins, you name it, almost all of em. Well, when i said "if i find out someone is poaching, im gonna call the dnr", they get mad and threaten to kill every deer that they can just for fun. Theres nothing i can say to change anything about their minds either.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO????????
Old 09-23-2004, 08:02 PM

Default RE: what would you do??????

call the dnr.......its the right thing to do. I tell you one thing if they get caught red handed theyll wish they hunted the leagal way!!!
Old 09-23-2004, 08:07 PM

i use to be like them, but for some reason, i just got a great respect for the animals in the past 3 or 4 years, it just came up all of a sudden, now my attitude is ANTI-POACHER all the way, i hope no one thinks of me badly since i use to poach too, i even quit smoking last week.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:42 PM

What do you mean by poaching? Hunting on someone elses property? Hunting at night? Spotlighting? Hunting over corn? I could look the other way on some issues but spotlighting deer is wrong in my book and I would turn someone in for that. I like to lead by example and show them I can shoot more, bigger and better deer without cheating.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:18 PM

i mean shooting over their limit, shooting at night, spotlighting(legal if you dont have a gun with you), shooting from a road and their vehicle, you name it, they do it, ITS BAD.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:33 PM

This post is sad. Poachers are not in any way hunters!
Old 09-23-2004, 11:41 PM

For me it is hard to turn in family members, but if needed, it has to be done. It is sad that these people don't have more respect for these animals and REAL hunters out there busting their asses growing crops, spending money, and putting their blood and sweat into hunting and we have people out there doing it the easiest and most unfair way ever!

It takes a lot of courage for you to admit you used to do it, I cheer you for that! Now, try to talk to your family or do what is needed to be done. I know you will make the right decision no matter what you choose to do.

Good luck!
Old 09-24-2004, 04:38 AM
Dominant Buck

I know it'll be hard to do ,
but drop that dime and be prepared to provide names , addresses , dates , offenses , etc. because F&G will ask for them before they will investigate .

The fallout from your family is the least of your problems , they're the ones breaking the law and robbing others . They're the "bad guys" , not you . If it helps try to think of it as paying back for your own past misdeeds .

Welcome to the world of ethical hunting , you'll sleep much better at night with a clear conscience .
Old 09-24-2004, 06:00 AM

ok, thanks for all the advice.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Indiana-Eric,
Calling the DNR is the right thing to do. They are the ones breaking the law and should be dealt with as such. Look at it this way. If you broke into their house and stole everything they had they would probably be pretty pi$$ed right. Well, this is pretty much the same thing only they are in a sense stealing from every law abiding hunter who legally purchased a tag and obeys the game laws.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.