Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer & cougar picture

Old 09-16-2004, 11:04 PM

Default RE: Deer & cougar picture

the aniamls in the pic would be blurry the cameras that are in the cam trakers arnt able to photo moving objects like a normal camera
the cameras in the game cams are regular cameras....don't understand what you mean?
Old 09-17-2004, 04:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

It looks to me that they got a pic of the buck and the pic of the cat and imported a critterdue to same scenery and detail of the scenery but a blurred date. Still a cool idea even if it was cheating.
Old 09-17-2004, 06:54 AM

Porkchop u know how when u tak a picture of things when they are moving they somtimes come out blurry cause the speed on the camera isnt fast enough if the deer was going by he would of been runing and so would of the kitty cat.. which would of made the aniamls blurry.
Old 09-17-2004, 07:11 AM

check out the same picture and more in bowhunting [awesome trail cam pics ]
thanks bob d....
Old 09-17-2004, 11:28 AM

ORIGINAL: Carpmaster

It looks to me that they got a pic of the buck and the pic of the cat and imported a critterdue to same scenery and detail of the scenery but a blurred date. Still a cool idea even if it was cheating.
If you actually go to the actual home of the photo (http://trailcam.arkansasusa.com/Coug2.jpg), the date isn't blurry.

If you scroll between the coug1 and coug2 pics in a software program like ACDSee, you can see that the cougar was placed 'into' the deer pic.

Also, notice that in coug2, there is a white bar at the bottom of the image. It isn't there for any other pics.

I'll see if I can demonstrate my observations later.

Actually, maybe you see it yourself.
Open a new and copy and go to this url: http://trailcam.arkansasusa.com/Coug1.jpg
Now, in that same window, go to this url: http://trailcam.arkansasusa.com/Coug2.jpg
Using the back & fwd buttons, you should be able to see how the image has shifted.

If you have Powerpoint, you can download this presentation and scroll back and forth:
http://www.mmkime.com/misc/coug_deer.ppt - it's best if you actually download and view it from powerpoint and not through IE.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:34 AM

The thing is that the Cougar doesn't need to get that close. He would have already pounced about 20ft earlier.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:51 PM
Fork Horn

De
story...I was the one who sent it to Patti,I thought it was a pretty cool picture,I had already sent it out to all my friends,when I showed it to my husband,and he said something was hokie with the whole get up...then I seen the picture this morning with the same cougar and greenery but it had Saddam in place of the muley. I received it from a reliable source,it only came with one picture.
I will paste the story that came with it..Then everyone can judge on their own.

OK, all you Bull Shooters - here's a true life picture for you. I was headed back to the survey truck, (well after quitting time) last week and thought I heard something moving in front of me so I stopped and grabbed my digital camera. I saw the deer move and took a quick picture, and then saw

the cougar when the flash went off! Wow !!!! Talk about take your

breath away! I'm definitely buying a cougar tag with my elk and deer tags in Washington. How about you?

Forest Land Surveyor
Definitely a fake, heck the cougar isnt even looking at the deer!lol That shouldve gave it away
Old 09-17-2004, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

If that is a fake it sure is a good one .

Remember

Lifes is short Hunt all you can - can all that you hunt and share with your friends

And you will be blessed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2004, 02:11 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Techy

The thing is that the Cougar doesn't need to get that close. He would have already pounced about 20ft earlier.
Not necessarily Techy, Until the deer responds the cat may just stalk. The cat is pbobably wonding why the quarry doesn't run. The cat's instinct to leap is triggered my the quarry's attempt to leave.

That not to say the pic is not fake. I'm just not sure.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:09 PM
Typical Buck

Really nice and rare pic sunset.

Quick Reply: Deer & cougar picture

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.