Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 poll on your age and how long you been hunting >

poll on your age and how long you been hunting

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

poll on your age and how long you been hunting

Old 09-21-2004, 10:55 PM

Default RE: poll on your age and how long you been hunting

I'm 20 and been hunting since I was 13 (the earliest you can hunt in PA). So this is my 8th year. I have one 8 pointer on the wall that I shot with a bow.
Old 09-22-2004, 02:15 PM

I am 23 and i have for roughly 13 or 14 years now.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

34 been going hunting since I was a tot. Legally hunted every year since my 12th birthday, this is my 23rd season.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:18 AM
Typical Buck

I been hunting since 12 years old and now im 16 so 4 years.
Old 09-24-2004, 05:47 PM

i am 37 and have been huntn for 7 years.
Old 09-25-2004, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Be 63 this Nov. & have Bowhunted Biggame for 48 years. (never gun hunted). I took my 1st deer with a wood arrow I made & stick bow in 1958. I have no idea how many Whitetail I have taken over the years but the list also includes Caribou, Goat, Black Bears, Elk, Mule deer, Buffalo,Wild Hogs, Turkey, Rams, Red Deer, Fallow Deer, Axis deer & many small game. I plan on Bowhunting & filming Whitetail in 3 states this fall & several Bowhunts for wild Hogs & Exotic Biggame in the off season. I practically Bowhunt year round. life is good.
Good Luck to all this season.
Old 09-25-2004, 02:37 PM
Spike

I'm 24. Started deer hunting in 93. 11 years now. Was small/upland game hunting for years before that.
Old 09-25-2004, 03:02 PM
Typical Buck

I am 37 and started hunting in NJ when I was 12. I have only missed one deer opener and that was b/c my son was born the day before (2002)!

Good luck this Fall!

Bob
Old 09-25-2004, 03:35 PM

I can't believe that I haven't responded to this yet! I'll turn 40 in two weeks, and I've hunted ever since I turned 14. Big game, all told, 24 of those years. Five deer--all in the last five years. The first three with my '06, the last two with my T/C Black Diamond.
Old 09-25-2004, 11:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am 37 years old, and I have been hunting since I was about 9 or 10 years old. The greatest Christmas gift I ever recieved was a youth model .410 single shot when I was that age. Believe it or not I could hit a dove every now and then with that gun, and a few years later when I got the 12 guage I thought I was a pro.

I have hunted (mostly deer) almost every year since then, except for a few years in my 20's when I was single and trying to establish myself. I did finally get married, and for the last 8 or so years I have really turned my attention to trying to outsmart the deer down here in the piney woods in southeast Texas. Some years I began to feel smarter, and then a year comes along and I feel pretty dumb. I have loved every one of them though.

This year in my pre-season scouting I have killed 3 moccasins with that same youth model .410 I got when I was a kid.

C. Davis

Quick Reply: poll on your age and how long you been hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.