Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

stealth cam(stinks)

Old 09-08-2004, 04:04 PM

Default stealth cam(stinks)

my cam will not advance the film no matter what. i worked and worked on it today using everything that i have learned on the forum. i am sending it to them and buying a new one. the camera is so cheap....i should have known. i cannot get the E off the led. it does register passes by the sensor. i had 12 passes and b4 had 22. i am going to buy the one with the olympus in it from bass pro.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:05 PM

Default RE: stealth cam(stinks)

So far both of mine work fine. I have had an E on mine because I accidently moved the switch to 'off' and it lost track of what I had programed. So I called slealth and the guy told me in 2seconds how to take care of it.

If you got a bad one, thats a bummer. But I tried to look back at previous posts to see what type error you had and could not find your first thread. My point is that rather than trying what folks suggest on the internet, just call stealth and ask them first hand.

If you already did that.....great. But if you haven't you should, because they may offer to replace the camera for you if they cannot walk you thru the process. They were excellent in helping me.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:35 PM

ORIGINAL: chickory

So far both of mine work fine. I have had an E on mine because I accidently moved the switch to 'off' and it lost track of what I had programed. So I called slealth and the guy told me in 2seconds how to take care of it.

If you got a bad one, thats a bummer. But I tried to look back at previous posts to see what type error you had and could not find your first thread. My point is that rather than trying what folks suggest on the internet, just call stealth and ask them first hand.

If you already did that.....great. But if you haven't you should, because they may offer to replace the camera for you if they cannot walk you thru the process. They were excellent in helping me.
I agree.......I sent my Stealth Digital back, and should recieve my new one tomorrow. Do not call customer service, instead send them an email. Web is www.stealthcam.net.

They paid for me to send mine in, and I'm getting a new one. Hope it works, if not, Stealth will get dogged, and dogged, and dogged.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

make sure the film is engaged in the little teeth inside the camera or it will not advance, you are getting the E because of this.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:13 PM

I know stealth takes care of you folks on replacements and all and thats great,but there isnt another camera on the market that has all the problems that the stealth does.I mean is it really worth the aggravation putting up with the thing just to save a couple bucks?Yeah I know some of you never ever had a problem and ya know what,if that is the truth then you are lucky,plain and simple.This thing is cheap junk and I would never ever recommend it to anyone.....Just my 2cents which is a penny more than the stealth is worth.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:52 AM
Typical Buck

LeeinVA hit it on the head.

I had similar problems until I noticed the film was not getting caught up and wound around the right spool. There is a little plastic guide that comes out of some of the cameras.

Just make sure the film is wrapping up and you'll have no more woes like that.

Good luck!!
Old 09-09-2004, 11:27 AM

Yeah I know some of you never ever had a problem and ya know what,if that is the truth then you are lucky,plain and simple.
I'll disagree with this statement. To me it appears as though you are unlucky. I've had nothing but great luck with my cam and many others have had the same experience. Instead of ranting call stealth so they can make it right.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:03 PM

i will call, but my cam does not have a plastic piece in it...at all. i know what u are talking about because i saw it in another. because of that little piece...the cam will not work??? that is a little lame, but i will call them.

thanks for all of the info

lemond
Old 09-09-2004, 06:13 PM

I think you have me mixed up with lemond33.I would never own a stealth.I have been building my own trail cams way before stealth came along.Dont take my word for it,look around at the other forums,one bad post after another.Sure once in a while there is a problem with a cuddeback,or a moultrie but I guarantee there are many mant posts on these stealth cams and what a piece of junk they are.Good luck.You'll need it.
Old 09-09-2004, 07:22 PM

Gotta agree hear,, i went through four of em,, just kept takin them back to wal mart,, finaly on number four, i talked to someone from the company,, they told me i didnt know what i was doing,, well ive got two other brands,, and i think i know how to set a camera,, so i just got a refund and used the money for something worthwhile

Quick Reply: stealth cam(stinks)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.