Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tree Lounge

Old 09-06-2004, 07:28 PM

Default RE: Tree Lounge

If you haven't already bought a TL. If you are over 6 foot tall, get the big guy model. I am 6'2" and feel just a bit less thatn lounged when I'm on stand for a long time. Aside from that, the TL is a bit cumbersome for long hauls through the woods, and forget the thick stuff. Extra bungees in the right order will keep it from rattling too much. It is totally a comfortable stand for all day hunts; stable, and you can hunt high, as long as you can find a tall straight tree.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:16 AM
Typical Buck

i was just looking at these. One thought i had was that for bow hunting, how would you shot. I want to be ready to stand up and aim. Yes, it looks comfortable but you would make noise just trying to get up out of it. (maybe i am wrong), but that's how it looked to me. I just purchased a summit Viper X4.. I tried it this weekend. Works well, only weighs 20 lbs and can be backpacked.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've owned a treelounge treestand for several years and I believe it to be the most comfortable stand on the market. I've never sat in another stand that my butt didn't get tired or sore after sitting for extended periods of time. The sling seat design allows you to sit longer and the weight is dispersed along your back and not concentrated in your rear. As for the weight of the stand, I will admit that the treelounge is a bit heavy and bulky carrying into the woods. I hunt property that I have the luxury of leaving my stand up during the season. I did carry the TL in and out of my hunting area a few times and it will wear you out if you have a very long walk. If you're concerned about noise when your in the stand and you shift your weight, then the treelounge is again, the best stand I've had experience with. I've never had the TL make a pop, squeak, crack, or any noise when I've shifted my weight. With the bowhunting adapter, you set the stand at a steeper angle on the tree to put you in a more upright position which makes it easy to stand up and get in position to take a shot with your bow. When you get up, you are standing farther away from the tree than other stands, but the benefit of that is that you can easily shoot behind the tree, or as the folks at treelounge say it gives you a 360 degree shooting radius. Most times, I place my stand on the opposite side of the tree from where I think the deer will come. This allows you to get away with more movement and be concealed by the tree. So even though you are sticking out from the tree a little farther it shouldn't matter. Also, you can get high enough in the TL that this shouldn't even be a factor. Well, that's my .02 about it, I don't think you'd be unsatisfied with a Treelounge treestand.
Old 09-07-2004, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ive been a long time tree lounge user myself and had 2 old styles and last year sold one and added one of the the newer lighter style. i love both styles and wouldnt sell them for anything. you need to practice setting it up but after a while if you pay attention and come up with a system that you do the same things every time you can set the stand up in your sleep. i think most if any complaints about the tree lounge come from hunters who bought one and dont want to spend any time learning it or only hunt 1 or 2 times a year. it is a little bulky and a little bit heavy but what i do is just put the optional wheel kit on it and wheel out my cloths gun-bow and day pack. it saves me a trip because now i dont have to go back to my truck for a deer cart. it is only slightly more time consuming to do it this way but if your gonna spend all day or many hours in it you will be comfortable and on occassioin i have been known to take a nap in it. as far as other complaints about noise. it is very quiet while standing on the bow platform. i added a small piece of out door carpet to the floor with some silicon seal to make it even more quiet. any noise while carrying is usually because its not broken down and bungeed correctly. as with any stand i have owned i can add a little duct tape or extra bungee to make it even more stealthy. the old owners have bought back the company. in the newest video i have seen it looks like they went back to the old square tube design which i like only slightly better so i dont know what the weight of the latest version is. they get a good dollar for used tree lounges on ebay so if it were me id get a new one. i would feel safer knowing the history.GOOD LUCK IN WHATEVER YOU BUY!
Old 09-08-2004, 05:54 PM

Summit Viper is the way to go. Sometimes I struggle to stay awake its so comfortable
Old 09-08-2004, 10:57 PM
Spike

I bought a tree lounge last year. I fell asleep and it cost me my biggest buck ever. I dont really like heights but i climb high with my tree lounge because its so safe. I would tell anyone on earth to buy one just for that reason. I have had almost every stand you can think of to buy and the tree lounge is the safest and most comfortable without a doubt. I also own a summit viper, it is much easier and quieter to set up but it doesn't compare in comfort. It is better then most other stands but not better then the tree lounge. If you plan to be in the tree for long periods of time get the tree lounge you wont be disappointed. If you need something to get you in the stand quick and quiet and you dont stay in stand for long periods of time then get the vipor. I have both for a reason....
Old 09-10-2004, 09:05 AM

Hey just go to ebay and do a check on tree lounge and other brands of stands. i was shocked to find that tree lounges sometimes would sell for close to new price. I have seen other stands go and not get one bid
I have never seen a tree lounge go without a bid.
If a used one is in the paper around here it sells FAST!

Kind of tells me they are a high demand item . Why ?