Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tree Lounge

Old 09-06-2004, 02:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default Tree Lounge

Heh well I seem to be a minority in this chatroom in so that Im Canadian, but regardless a deer hunter is a deer hunter. I have been sucessful int he past without a tree stand, but want to give one a try and see if I see more trophy bucks. I want a climbing tree stand and have been looking at the tree lounges a great deal. Any tips, and pro/cons onthis tree stand?
Thanks
Old 09-06-2004, 05:25 AM

Default RE: Tree Lounge

I bought a Tree Lounge last year and love it. The new ones are much lighter. It is a bit of a hassle to put up, but if you're going to sit for long periods of time, you can't beat it. It's is without a doubt the most comfortable stand that I have ever hunted from. Bowhunting can take a little getting used to , since you are so far from the tree.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would try to borrow one if possible for a couple of days. If you have the standing platform you are about 5 feet from the tree and it isn't comfortable to be bouncing out there for me. I like the Summit Viper. Very comfortable. There are a number of Canadians on the board also.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Agaucher, first welcome to the huntingnet board!
I have been a happy owner of the TreeLounge for many years now! You will hear somw say that the TL is too heavy, too noisy, and yada, yada, yada!
They may be a pound or two heavier than the competitors, but that means nothing to mebecause they carry very well and the comfort and safety are more than worth the effort! As far as noise goes, just learn how to set up the TL and climb with it , before taking it to the woods! I've had deer walking under my TreeLounge within minutes of setting up and climbing, many times! Deer are pretty spookyin my area, so I would'nt be seeing deer that soon if the TL were really that noisy!
Now this is all with the older model TL's, I don't know much about the newer ones, but I have heard that the original owners are back!
All I can say for sure is that I've got one, I love it, and would not trade it for any other!
Again, welcome to the board, and good luck!
Old 09-06-2004, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am really intrested too. The concept of "lounging" while hunting seems right on track. I have always had to really resist squirming around too much or temptation to stand up a while to stretch legs on stands, and those two reasons are undoubtably why I've really gravitated towards ground blinds lately.

Does the TL have a mounting bracket for portable TV so I can catch games too! Shooting your largest trophy AND the Bears winning the Superbowl in the same afternoon! JJ (......about the TV AND Bears!)

How bout the hard numbers? What do they weight (old ones and new ones)? What do they cost or what did you pay? (someone might have bought one used). Maybe this could be for me.......THIS SEASON!

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 09-06-2004, 11:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

How bout the hard numbers? What do they weight (old ones and new ones)? What do they cost or what did you pay? (someone might have bought one used). Maybe this could be for me.......THIS SEASON!
Uncle Matt (in IL)
The old ones weigh about 22 pounds, without the bow platform. Speaking of the bow platform, you are actually about 3 feet from the tree, and it is a little un-nerving at first. With a proper safety harness (which should be used with ANY climber,) it is very safe.
Being that people either love or hate the TreeLounge, you can probably pick up a good used one for less than half the price of the new ones!
I paid 100.00 gor a used one, with a gun holder already on it, at the time new ones were going for about 250.00
As I've said before, I've never been in a safer, more comfortable stand than the TL!
Old 09-06-2004, 12:16 PM

If you plan on hunting for long periods of time than the TL is the best of the best. it is the best investment i have made for hunting! It is really like you are on a hammock in a tree. you will also feel really secure while climbing. I don't work for TL but I will give them good reviews whenever II hear someone ask about them. Good luck and good huntin'!
Old 09-06-2004, 03:46 PM
Typical Buck

Having been a guide in Wisconsin for many years, I have seen a lot of treestands! In Wisconsin we can't leave stands on the public lands over night and that just doesn't jive with my hunting techniques anyway, so all hunters were required to bring their own stands. The best climbers by far in my opinion were the lone wolf stands. The tree lounges were my least favorite, because the guys could not get them through the swamps or thick woods quietly and they made to much noise when hunters shifted there weight. I also noticed the hunters stuck way to far out from the tree and often complained of being spotted by the deer. I would look at the lonewolf climbers before investing hard earned cash. Why don't you add a post asking about lone wolf climbers and see the response you get from that also and compare. Good luck with whatever you choose.
Old 09-06-2004, 04:32 PM
Spike

If you go to their web site you can get a free video. I just received mine on friday and watched it and they look pretty comfy for me. Also, it looks like you can get up pretty high.
Old 09-06-2004, 07:08 PM
Fork Horn

thanks guys, ill take all comments to heart and look into lonwolf treestands as well.
One thing i find hard to beleive is that deer will spot you in a TL. If you are 16+ feet up there with trees behind you, I dont think another hunter would spot you, nevermind a deer. regardless thanks for the help guys.

Quick Reply: Tree Lounge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.