Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Walmart Outdoors

Old 09-12-2004, 06:52 PM

Default RE: Walmart Outdoors

I was watching North American Whitetail on the Outdoor channel today and they had a segment with Dr. James Kroll on studying the antler growth of bucks. The deer in the study had ear tags but to catch them they had to chase them with a helicopter, shoot them with a net, then chase them with 4-wheelers to stop them and collect data. Although the deer had ear tags they sure didnt seem to be close to tame.
Youve got to get scientific information somehow an ear tag is just the easiest way to keep track of the deer you study. Whats next, boycotting magazines and outdoor shows that report the findings of studies done on these deer?
Old 09-13-2004, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Walmart Outdoors

Hey they are banding doves even........i think if its going to help the population then so what if its tagged. Doesnt mean it was raised on a farm or in a pen, if it was captured in the wild and tagged then oh well, ill shoot a buck with a tag in its ear if its for the greater good of the deer.