Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

my stand is gone

Old 08-19-2004, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default my stand is gone

I was out getting some of my stands ready. This one stand that I just left up from last year part of it was gone. My darn climbing sticks were gone. Its hard to believe that someone around where I live would come that far into my woods to steal my stand. Its very sad I guess am going to lock up my stand to the tree. Has this ever happen to anyone else? I not very happy at all.[:@][:@]
Old 08-19-2004, 06:09 PM

Default RE: my stand is gone

sorry to hear about it. i never had it happen....i hope u catch who took it
Old 08-19-2004, 08:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

That Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-19-2004, 08:17 PM

IKNOW WHAT U MEAN 2YEARS AGO I HAD MY TREE STAND STOLEN THEY TOOK EVERYTHING STAND, FOOTPEGS, UNBRELLA EXTRACOUSHIN,AND A LOUSEY CORD TO PULL MY BOW UP WITH, ITS A DAM SHAME THERE SO CALLED HUNTERS LIKE THAT!!!!!
Old 08-19-2004, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

i feel for you. i know i would be very pissed off. i have always locked all my stands but i do realize that will not stop them if they want it.
they just better hope i don't find them if one of mine turns up missing
Old 08-19-2004, 08:58 PM
Typical Buck

I took a stand season before last. Thats only because the guy was trespassing and was warned twice to take his stand down and didnt.
Ive never had one of mine taken, thats gotta suck. Hope you catch this guy!
Old 08-19-2004, 09:36 PM

Dude - I feel your pain.
A few years ago I had a couple hundred dollars worth of my gear stolen from (what I thought) was a remote & well hidden place in the woods in a national forest in Upper MI. I can't tell you how disappointed I was. For me, that was a hard lesson to learn. If I ever see someone else's stand/gear/blind I stay clear of it. I don't go climbing other hunter's stands, walk around, or snoop in their area. I still can't believe that there are hunters out there that don't RESPECT other hunter's stuff.

One Question Deerhunter1224, Are you on public or private land?

I hate to say it.......but if you were on public land, & left your stuff out there - your asking for trouble.

Sorry for your misfortune,
Yoopper Hunter
Old 08-20-2004, 01:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

one year after bow season was over i went to get my stand out of the tree but someone took my steps out of the tree. The funny thing is one day while walking through my woods i found a nice summit treestand in a tree on my property and guess what it had my steps in the tree i knew they were my steps because they were green with my initials carved in them A. B. I called a friend of mine on my cell phone who is the only other person who is allowed to hunt my property he said the stand was not his. but the stand was locked with a cable and a Ameican lock company pad lock I backed off about 10 paces and blasted the lock with my marlin 44 mag. Took my new treestand home, i got my Infrared deer cam and set it up on tree about 15 yards to the right of the tree that had the stand on it. I left it out there for a few days and would check it periodically see if it took any pictures then after the 4th day it took 3 pictures one of little buck and the other two of some person i got a side shot and another where it appeared he was looking straight at the camera. I showed the photos to my father inlaw who owns the 200 acres next to my 300 and this guy turned out to be our neighbor who had no pernmission to hunt we called the law and the guy was charged with tresspassing and destruction of private property since he cut a section out of my fence on the back side of the property he had to pay me $500 restitution and he was fined another $200 and got 2 years probation. luckily I didnt have any cows on the property at that time.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

i'm sorry to hear that.....i'm hopin' mine is still out there when i go cjeck on it......if anything , i'm thinkin' this hurricane may have gotten it...
Old 08-20-2004, 07:49 AM

Hope you catch who it is ......if its a lock on stand ......next year take your climbing sticks down that way they have to take a climber or something in there to steal it. Thats what we used to do I had 4-15ft ladderstands taken about 5 years ago....NOW THAT SUCKED!

Quick Reply: my stand is gone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.