Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

North American Hunting Club

Old 08-20-2004, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: North American Hunting Club

ORIGINAL: thndrchiken

I was a member for over four years, never once got selected to field test any products. I did however receive more unsolicited shipments of books, videos, etc. complete with invoices and chessey free gifts that broke the first time used than I was able to keep track of. Even after my membership was cancelled it kept on coming. They're almost as bad as the NRA.
same here I never recieved a thing other then movies and books I diddent want
Old 08-20-2004, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

My wife got me a life membership(she meant well).But otherwise I most likely wouldn't have joined.I've gotten a few of the books-without ordering them-I just put them back in the mailbox marked "return to sender".
Old 08-20-2004, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also happen to be a lifer. The magazine is pretty good. Most of the club products they try to get you to buy are a little overpriced and I wish they would notify me of the books and whatnots before they send it out and I have to take the time to return it. Ither than that it's not all that bad of a deal. Know if they would just send my something good to try out...
Old 08-20-2004, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a life member. I personally like the magazine.

Most members do not realize that you have to SIGN UP for field testing. I did and have tested several things. The best thing I got was a scent lock shirt. I also got a knife, an antler mounting kit and some string silencers.

Now that's in a period of about 12 years, so the things aren't rolling in.

I also enjoy their website.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

well iv only been a member for 2 years and iv got stuff to test every year.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:58 PM

ive been a lfe member for5yrs and they do have their goods and bads. mainly the books and other stuff that you do not order, seems they wont take a HINT even when you can talk to someone in person to tell them you DONT want anymore stuff
Old 08-21-2004, 08:54 AM
Typical Buck

I have been a life member for many years now it's a good organization and magazine is good.As for the books and mechandise mailings that stops quick when you keep them and don't pay.Law is if someone sends you something through the mail unsolicited it's yours to keepI have tested body warmers,a stupid slingshot that had plastic balls to put scent in,and some nice foot bed inserts for boots,and a pair of pruners,no high $ items yet.But all in all it is a good organization.
Old 08-21-2004, 10:21 AM
Typical Buck

Don't return anything. They sent me some creme to test. I tossed it. With video tapes I still have them.

My membership is about to run out. I will not renew. The magazine is mediocre at best. I do use the web forum and have met some nice guys there. If they kick me off the forum, I'll get over it.
Old 08-21-2004, 11:47 AM

guns ammo and a lot of the good stuff wont get past the border to me. i got the free 3 months but it is way to much $$
Old 08-21-2004, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dvdegeorge

I have been a life member for many years now it's a good organization and magazine is good.As for the books and mechandise mailings that stops quick when you keep them and don't pay.Law is if someone sends you something through the mail unsolicited it's yours to keepI have tested body warmers,a stupid slingshot that had plastic balls to put scent in,and some nice foot bed inserts for boots,and a pair of pruners,no high $ items yet.But all in all it is a good organization.
Now ya tell us, I wish I had known that I could have a massive movie and book collection by now