Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

deer bullets

Old 08-18-2004, 12:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default deer bullets

What is the ultimate deer bullet out a 30.06?
Old 08-18-2004, 12:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: deer bullets

Hornady interbond 165 grain bullet..perfect expansion characteristics for a bullet coming out of the muzzle at 2800-2900 .
Old 08-18-2004, 12:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

id have to say a nosler ballistic tip.......dad uses them in 165 gr and out of like 6-8 deer ive watched him shoot only one ran off and we cant figure that one out.....small doe.....quartering towards....busted the closet leg and sent the bullet clear through the body and exited righ before the ham on the opposite side......lung and liver destroyed......not a drop of blood either....dad knew he didnt miss at 30 yards...so he followed indents in the leaves for 80yds before he found her piled up.....dont know HOW she made it.....but all the other deer hes shot dropped like brikes.....all double lungers.......ill use them this year....maybe in 150gr or maybe ill use something else just to see what pther bullets do.....but all the horror stories you may hear about ballistic tips must be rumors because ive never seen one do anyhting bad......all blew right htrough.....and arent as explosive as many make them out to be....but they knock em dead......as will just about any 3006 bullet you put in the boiler room of a deer.......
Old 08-18-2004, 12:40 PM

Sierra 165 HPBT. Awesome!!!
Old 08-18-2004, 12:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

The ulitmate deer bullet is the one that shoots the best and has the characteristic for your situation or needs. Litterally a ton of bullets and reason why you would or could use them for deer.

I use Ballistic tips because of long distance shot opps, accuracy and expansion. I might add I also aim for the lungs so what bone contact I get it is either rib(minimal) or opposite shoulder. If I were hunting strictly short distance I doubt the BT would be my first choice, although I have taken animals inside of 50 yards with it the Blood shot and expansion was a bit to violent for me to consider it as the best bullet for this situation. I would choose a bullet of stronger construction like a Nosler Partition, Bonded, etc. Same can be said if I was wheel shooter (shoulder or breakdown was what I wanted to accomplish).

Like I said match bullets to your situation and desired outcome then shoot them to find which one stands out in accuracy. For most hunters that is the desicion maker which one groups the best b'c it give them coinfidence in making a good shot and they have already decided it is a good choice for their hunting needs.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:52 PM

I have been shooting the Remingtron core lock, or the Remington Balistic tip. Both have killed deer easily. I am switching to the Federal's balistic tip, about $19.99 and Gander Mountain versus Winchester's Silver tip al Wal Mart $23.99.

Tom
Old 08-18-2004, 02:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Highpower

Sierra 165 HPBT. Awesome!!!
Absolutely. Awesome accuracy, awesome results.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

For deer I would say any standard construction bullet that shoots accurately out of your rifle. There is no need to dump the extra money on a "premium bullet", after all how dead is dead?
Old 08-20-2004, 11:32 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-20-2004, 12:13 PM

130 Gr Barnes XLC

Quick Reply: deer bullets

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.