Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

[Deleted]

Old 08-19-2004, 09:19 AM

Default RE: Poaching Closes Land to Hunters - A True Story

So youre telling me if im fishing with my kids on the bank of a pond that im suppose to be able to control if a certain type of fish hits my kids nightcrawler and swallows the hook which in turn kills the fish. Now by your response youre telling me im liable for that fish, I tell you what if thats the rules someone has to play by then you know doesnt sound like too good of a fishing hole for me or my family. Just like the potbelly pig situation -----didnt sound like too good a place to hunt if you ask me. You know its folks like yourself that lack common sense that have created this country into what it is today. Kinda like the hot coffee lawsuits with these fast food chains...you sound like one of those folks that wouldve filed suit if you got burned because I bet your response wouldve been "THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE COFFEE IF IT BURNS ME" . You see where Im going with this youre not thinking logically here. You want to put blame on people which as Ive said before is perfectly ok by me they deserver it. But on the other hand lets not overlook the fact that both grandpa and the hog hunters were STUPID enough to allow this to happen.
Both sides were not using common sense. Hog hunters shouldve never turned their dogs aloose knowing that pet pig was out there nor should grandpa allowed them to turn their dogs aloose knowing that he had a pet pig. Its kinda like letting your kids play on I 85 and then getting mad when someone runs em over.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:34 AM

You're aweful defensive bfnc2003. You wouldn't by chance be one of "those" people would you?

Putting blame on the property owner. Are you crazy? It's by the good graces of property owners all over this country that people have access to millions of acre of private land. If people can't respect the wishes of property owners and treat them and their property with respect this will become the norm!
Old 08-19-2004, 10:00 AM
Dominant Buck

Let's also not forget that aside from some western states landowners maintain over 90% of the habitat that all wildlife depend on . I would call myself a slob if a landowner made conditions to hunt and fish and I didn't respect them .
Old 08-19-2004, 10:39 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-19-2004, 10:47 AM

So youre telling me if im fishing with my kids on the bank of a pond that im suppose to be able to control if a certain type of fish hits my kids nightcrawler and swallows the hook which in turn kills the fish.
Cut the line If your hard up I'll send you some hooks. Just pm me with your address
Old 08-19-2004, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

So youre telling me if im fishing with my kids on the bank of a pond that im suppose to be able to control if a certain type of fish hits my kids nightcrawler and swallows the hook which in turn kills the fish. Now by your response youre telling me im liable for that fish, I tell you what if thats the rules someone has to play by then you know doesnt sound like too good of a fishing hole for me or my family. Just like the potbelly pig situation -----didnt sound like too good a place to hunt if you ask me. You know its folks like yourself that lack common sense that have created this country into what it is today. Kinda like the hot coffee lawsuits with these fast food chains...you sound like one of those folks that wouldve filed suit if you got burned because I bet your response wouldve been "THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE COFFEE IF IT BURNS ME" . You see where Im going with this youre not thinking logically here. You want to put blame on people which as Ive said before is perfectly ok by me they deserver it. But on the other hand lets not overlook the fact that both grandpa and the hog hunters were STUPID enough to allow this to happen.
Both sides were not using common sense. Hog hunters shouldve never turned their dogs aloose knowing that pet pig was out there nor should grandpa allowed them to turn their dogs aloose knowing that he had a pet pig. Its kinda like letting your kids play on I 85 and then getting mad when someone runs em over.
Amen!!!!!!
Old 08-19-2004, 11:28 AM
Typical Buck

Doesnt apply to me as live and hunt in NJ so there is no unposted land.....
Old 08-19-2004, 01:02 PM

Ifferd,

So sorry to hear about what happen, to your grandpa, and his pet pig. It is unfortunate that these guys were as unresponsible as they were and they should be kept off the property. It is also unfortunate that grandpa did not do find out about the type of people these guys were, before hand. Sometimes, it's live and lean. Most people are decent hunters but there are always a bad apple in the group.

If possible, I would have recommended putting some orange on the pig and kept him close by when they were hunting, but what is done is done.

During hunting season, we sometimes put orange on our black/brown dog since there are some stupid people out there that shoot first, ask questions later.

Tom
Old 08-19-2004, 01:04 PM

ORIGINAL: bfnc2003

And preaching to the land owner like this will convince him to take down the posted signs?????

Wow, you're way off base dude. The guys shouldn't have made an agreement to hunt if they couldn't live up to it - or control their dogs.

Plus, they lied to the landowner about harming the pet according to the original thread.

I wonder if they had been honest, and paid for the pet, and appologized for what they did if the man would have posted the land????

What a concept - hunters actually living up to an agreement with a landowner!!![&:]
Amazing thought isn't it!!!!![&:]

I guess those hunters will never know.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:22 PM
Spike

My step son told me the other day a young man he knows shot 69 deer in Texas last year without getting caught. The most you can take legally is 5, and east of I35, you can only take 1 buck with a rifle.

What do you think we can do about this type of behavior? The guy spotlights and hunts year round. His father is one of the wealthiest people in the county. They often go to Mexico to hunt.

I grinds my gut and I pray he and others like him get caught.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.