Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How long till you start hunting?? >

How long till you start hunting??

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How long till you start hunting??

Old 08-18-2004, 09:23 AM
Typical Buck

Default How long till you start hunting??

Season starts up here Sept. 8 for Mule deer and Whitetails Starting to lose sleep thinking of stand placement, scouting, trails....OH MY!! JDinAB
Old 08-18-2004, 09:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How long till you start hunting??

i cant even start SCOUTING yet.......to dang hot and the brush is way to thick....i plan to start scouting soon....septemberish i guess.....my first hunt will be in mid october.....a doe muzzleloader hunt.....ill be carrying the flinter....got alot to do till then....time should fly.....gota sight in the flinter with my bullets i want to shoot.....i want to put a stand or 2 up on my buddys land....dove hunting....small game hunting...then it will be time.....i cant wait......i been seeing good sign while hunting groundhogs out there......i cant wait.......
Old 08-18-2004, 10:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Archery Elk/Deer/Bear opens Monday(aug 23) but I ain't going..boo! I was hopeful of heading out the long weekend but appears that ain't going to happen either. Deer Archery Season opens up Sept. 1st for both whitetails and mulie province wide. However being I am taking a week off for regular elk I most likely will hunt very little if at all until Sept. 13th. Been distance scouting all summer and seen some great sights. JD best of luck on your year and go get one of them big mulies with the bow!

Mauser, never to early or hot to scout, get out their and don't leave until the bitter end. If you plan on walking the woods then your much better off to scout when season is on, since you have to be their any how..just saying make your impact as low as possible prior to your days in the field. Best of luck!
Old 08-18-2004, 11:47 AM

43 days and counting...ticktockticktock...
Found out I have a weekend open at the begining of the month too...woohoo!!!
Old 08-18-2004, 01:35 PM

Going to start shooting does on a managed ranch in October. Rifle season starts first Saturday in November, so I'll get an extra month.
Just bought my license today, I'm ready now!
Old 08-18-2004, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

DOVE SEASON ON SEPT 1ST..........oh yea ill be calling in sick that day!
Deer season october 2nd, and that is on a weekend............so ill be in a stand all day saturday and sunday! I cant freakin wait!!
Old 08-18-2004, 04:33 PM
Spike

Dove: September 4
Bow Season: September 11
Old 08-18-2004, 04:50 PM

Archery mulies starts next saturday! Then I have a cow elk tag on sept 3-4, prong buck tag sept10, ml deer sept 23, rifle oct 21
Old 08-18-2004, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

First shotgun season for deer starts Sept. 27 till Oct 9. Can’t wait. Still have to sight in my shotgun. I guess I better hurry up. It’ll be here before I know it. I can always go for migratory game birds to kill time.
Old 08-18-2004, 05:18 PM
killa-deer

a year[:@] got to be 16 to hunt big game in ny damnit...i am going turkey hunting for the first time tho

Quick Reply: How long till you start hunting??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.