Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ottawa Valley lads

Old 08-14-2004, 07:48 PM

Default Ottawa Valley lads

I'm curious if anyone else with roots in the Ottawa valley is using this great site.

I'm originally from Barry's Bay but now living in Ottawa. I hunt on the edge of Algonquin Park.

How about yourselves?
Old 08-14-2004, 08:04 PM

Default RE: Ottawa Valley lads

Opeongo
What exactly is the Ottawa Valley. I've always wondered where the borders are. Generally thought of it being the Renfrew, Eganville area??? Anyways having been born in Cornwall, worked in the Rockland area for 11 years then Bancroft for 9 years before moving to the bright lights and traffic congestion and over the years deer hunted Calabogie, Mount St Patrick, Quadville and now Huntsville - so I probably don't qualify as being from "the valley" but maybe close? Also spent many hours steel line fishing for lakers on Opeongo. Welcome to the board. gg.
Old 08-14-2004, 08:21 PM

G'day Goodguy,

With a resume like you have, you're definitely a Valley lad. I consider myself to be more from the Madawaska valley than the Ottawa but most people aren't familar with the Madawaska. Our hunt camp is on Gun Lake about 1000 ft from the Opeongo River which eventually dumps into the Madawaska river which dumps into the Ottawa river. Not a lot of deer in the area but the ones there are big ones.

The places you mentioned where you've hunted are in a song I recorded on CD recently. Check out my site www.buckfever.ca
Old 08-15-2004, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt in lanark county,alot of big bruisers running around here.
Good luck this upcoming season
Old 08-15-2004, 11:08 AM
Typical Buck

Not quite a valley boy but close I am from Morrisburg and hunted for years with a gang that had a camp near Round Lake center. I now am living in SW. Ontario and hunt in WMU84.Lots of big farm raised bucks here .
Old 08-15-2004, 10:26 PM
Fork Horn

I'm originally from the south coast (Lake Erie shore), but I've lived in Ottawa and Manotick for the past 25 years.

My primary hunting area is in the Parry Sound district (zone 47). With the surplus tags I've been doing some hunting locally, but haven't found a really good piece of land yet. I'm planning to go out during the late shotgun and muzzleloader seasons in 64B this year. I'm also getting ready for archery moose in the Kapuskasing area.

Anyone planning to be at the Eganville gun show this weekend?
Old 08-16-2004, 07:39 AM

G'day Rick,

I won't be at the show in Eganville but will be at the Valley Sportsman Show in Carp in mid September. I plan to have a booth there in order to sell my hunting CD.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:26 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Boys. I moved from Ottawa to SW Ont. but all my family roots run up the Rideau from Smiths Falls to Merrickville to Ottawa.

I do my turkey hunting where I live in 87B but still live for the deer hunt back at the camp in 66A in the Kemptville District.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:58 PM
Typical Buck

Extreme, do you do any turkey hunting in Lanark? Where abouts are you in the county?
Old 08-19-2004, 09:29 PM

Opeongo, interesting in hearing this CD of yours. Maybe be can work on a cross venture with you guys for a music video - you know since we're in the hunt film biz!