Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ad I Would Like To See

Old 08-12-2004, 08:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Ad I Would Like To See

I'm not completely sold on this Scent Lok and other similar clothing. I think it would be a good ad to have someone dress in the products and after walking through the woods have a trained bloodhound see if he can smell the person. Bet he could.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:51 PM

Default RE: Ad I Would Like To See

i bet youre right........i dont think there is any clothing that can completely conceal your human scent......# 1 concealment method ......KNOW YOUR WIND!!!
good posting!!!
Old 08-13-2004, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Deer smell humans a lot, especially during hunting season. They can't afford to simply spook and run at every encounter with human scent. So they learn to respond to the strength of the scent. A deer that crosses a human's 4-hour old scent trail will react differently than one that catches your wind from 50 yds. away. That's where the scent elimination stuff helps, because it reduces the amount of scent you release. A deer that smells you while you are wearing scent-loc or a similar product may think your scent is older because it is weaker.
Old 08-13-2004, 02:30 PM
Typical Buck

If you are breathing you will give off some scent. If you are dead then you will give off a lot of scent.
Old 08-15-2004, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

So they learn to respond to the strength of the scent. A deer that crosses a human's 4-hour old scent trail will react differently than one that catches your wind from 50 yds. away.
You are exactly right my friend...........great response